1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iccaros

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 20, 2012, 10:33:25 PM
Apologies if this has already been asked.

To what extent must these designs remain secret on the web? No clips/pics? Just breadboard pics? Just intentions and description? Nothing?

I'd be fine with keeping it totally under the covers personally, but if I don't have to, it would be nice to know.
I don't believe you have to keep anything secret, but if you post them you should let people know they are for the competition encase someone accuses you of not building something and using a preexisting item.

cloudscapes

Quote from: iccaros on May 20, 2012, 11:41:05 PM
I don't believe you have to keep anything secret, but if you post them you should let people know they are for the competition encase someone accuses you of not building something and using a preexisting item.

Got it.

Got started this evening. Just the basics.  :icon_twisted: 12bit ADC -> PIC32 -> 12bit DAC

Time to get started coding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Jdansti

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 21, 2012, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: iccaros on May 20, 2012, 11:41:05 PM

Got it.

Got started this evening. Just the basics.  :icon_twisted: 12bit ADC -> PIC32 -> 12bit DAC

Time to get started coding.

Awe man!  That's exactly what I was gonna do! Now I've got to come up with something else! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

I'm scared.... :icon_eek:....now where's that @#$%ing  towel to throw in?.. :icon_frown:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Perrow

End of the world digital? That's so Y2K.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Slade

Quote from: deadastronaut on May 22, 2012, 03:26:08 AM
I'm scared.... :icon_eek:....now where's that @#$%ing  towel to throw in?.. :icon_frown:
Don't worry, remember we don't judge the pre-contest fear campaign, only the final pedal and the quantity of toe nails put into the box..

Earthscum

Quote from: Perrow on May 22, 2012, 04:01:19 AM
End of the world digital That's so Y2K.
LMAO!

Rob... You could always make your pedal self destruct. Or shoot it, the pedal representing earth, and the bullet representing a comet or asteroid.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

tuckster

Do we have to stick to the end of the world theme?
It's kind of unnecessary  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

Colonel Angus

Government lies and propaganda! The world has already ended, and it is really that we will wake up from our collective dream in 2012
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

iccaros

++^^^

Every since the Super hadron collider started and created worm holes.. Well we have be on the event horizon (this is why its taking so long for that thread to fill) , the world is gone but time has slowed down so much we do not know it yet..

Jdansti

Quote from: iccaros on May 25, 2012, 01:16:05 AM
..tey ti wonk ton od ew hcum os nwod dewols sah emit tub enog si dlrow eht , )llif ot daerht taht rof gnol os gnikat sti yhw si siht( noziroh tneve eht no eb evah ew lleW ..seloh mrow detaerc dna detrats redilloc nordah repuS eht ecnis yrevE

^^^++
  • SUPPORTER

Colonel Angus

Quote from: Jdansti on May 25, 2012, 01:48:20 AM
Quote from: iccaros on May 25, 2012, 01:16:05 AM
..tey ti wonk ton od ew hcum os nwod dewols sah emit tub enog si dlrow eht , )llif ot daerht taht rof gnol os gnikat sti yhw si siht( noziroh tneve eht no eb evah ew lleW ..seloh mrow detaerc dna detrats redilloc nordah repuS eht ecnis yrevE

^^^++

I lol'd. This made my shitty day a little bit brighter

Earthscum

You guys are so far off... the world ended July 5th, 1998. Nobody realized, though, that they all died, so they keep on living. The X-ists  came, but since we switched Mars and Earth, they went to "old earth" and nobody here on "mars" witnessed the rapture. Bob explained it all before it happened.

Song for you guys... relevant:

Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

Quackzed

in the distant future there will be...
thought-tation tremolos ....
reverse delay pedals that play what you were about to play only a little quieter.
mutant tribes of mutant fuzz clones of mutated fuzz clones with giant knobs and no immunity to the martian party promotion sideband...
wires that go where you tell them to...
wires that go where they belong dispite your best intentions...
quantum quark-amps that come into existence when and where you need a little more volume...
automated blues bands, high fidelity margaritas, bottomless turnarounds that come with a side of slide.
and the overdrive, don't get me started about the overdrive...

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Jdansti

Quote from: Quackzed on May 26, 2012, 11:31:03 PM

Are you referring to the "Improbability Overdrive"?
  • SUPPORTER

Colonel Angus

Quote from: Quackzed on May 26, 2012, 11:31:03 PM
in the distant future there will be...
thought-tation tremolos ....
reverse delay pedals that play what you were about to play only a little quieter.
mutant tribes of mutant fuzz clones of mutated fuzz clones with giant knobs and no immunity to the martian party promotion sideband...
wires that go where you tell them to...
wires that go where they belong dispite your best intentions...
quantum quark-amps that come into existence when and where you need a little more volume...
automated blues bands, high fidelity margaritas, bottomless turnarounds that come with a side of slide.

Genius

LucifersTrip

Quote from: tuckster on May 24, 2012, 12:11:40 PM
Do we have to stick to the end of the world theme?
It's kind of unnecessary  :icon_lol:

exactly...get creative. there are so many ways to interpret the end of the world and so many perspectives.  I'm sure you don't have to do the cliché nuclear explosion, buildings burning, world blowing up, people screaming, apocalypse theme...
always think outside the box

Govmnt_Lacky

I HATE WAITING!!!  :'(

Sigh....... 26 more pages to go  :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

cloudscapes

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 27, 2012, 02:29:29 PM
I HATE WAITING!!!  :'(

Sigh....... 26 more pages to go  :-\

For me, it's going too fast!  :-\ I have to factor in at least 3 weeks of waiting for my PCB to be fabbed, and I'm nowhere near far along in this effect. Certainly not advanced enough to design the layout. It's gonna be tight!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 27, 2012, 05:43:10 PM
...I have to factor in at least 3 weeks of waiting for my PCB to be fabbed...

???

Why wait for the board to get fabbed? Once you have the layout figured... just etch one for yourself.

Could be done in less than a day  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'