boss ce-3 chorus adaptor wires

Started by fatfoot51, April 08, 2012, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatfoot51

Hi~ I've been working on my boss chorus for some time now and I was wondering if the wires there got crossed somehow... can someone help me verify to see if the wires are on correctly...I may have soldered them wrong one tired evening... Thanks for the help!

fatfoot51

Hi guys~ I was hoping you would be of more help...since I went on the internet to find out if the adaptor wires were soldered in correctly... Upon further investigation, they were incorrectly soldered and once I corrected the problem, I finally received power to the board, chips etc... and could turn the LED on and off with the foot switch.... The effect itself doesn't work still but I'm on the right track!  If the LED can turn on and off that means the flip flop circuit works and the internal switching jfets are okay, right? How would I go about checking to see if my mosfets are okay? The c732 and the c945... That kind of info would be helpful!!! Thanks!...When I get a chance I will post voltages to the chips and transistors...

geertjacobs

QuoteI've been working on my boss chorus for some time now

That doesn't give us much to go on.
What was wrong with it?
What did you try to fix it?

QuoteThe effect itself doesn't work still but I'm on the right track!
Does it work with a battery?

If not go to the Debugging thread http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=29816.0
and post answers to those questions here + pictures of the wiring.

Good luck!

fatfoot51

qeertjacobs~ I hope I spelled that right! Thanks for your inquiries regarding my conundrum(s)... I had posted about how my friend had used the wrong power supply to cook my boss ce-3 chorus and boss ds-1 distortion a while back with very little to go on in terms of finding a resolution... In the past four or five months I've had eight or nine projects piling up and just got the number to several a few weeks ago that are a bit more difficult to manage but others are squared away... A fender blender and a big muff that I had favorable responses to only because everyone and their mother has one or maybe more since I ,myself, own five... Haha... Most of them were simple problems or I just plugged away over time and found an answer somehow... Maybe the big muff was a success since I actually followed the regular "debugging" procedure listing voltages etc....  On and off I spent time on the chorus, desoldering the ics , putting in sockets, replacing the jfets, finding suitable ic replacements and looking for signs of life.... Nothing for a long time... Until I came upon this crazy idea that maybe my friend soldered the wires in the wrong spot after the solder had melted off of them... Yesterday I went about finding if this was true...and there was life...The LED would go on and off with the foot switch... On further investigation I noticed a wire was off and proceeded to check all the others soldered and glued to the pcb... Three others had broken off from moving the board back and forth many times causing fatigue... Once they were reconnected with solder... the chorus was back!!  ;D