the craigslist pedal modder

Started by petey twofinger, April 11, 2012, 03:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petey twofinger

i saw this ad on Cl :

" Pedal MODS - $50 (South Side)

Pedal mods on analog guitar pedals. If you have something specific that you would like done (i.e. I want to fatten up the sound from my FUZZ pedal) I have a number of mods I have developed for various analog pedals including Tube Screamer, Boss DS-1, Boss BD-2, Boss OD-2, CryBaby Wah, FuzzFace, Octavia, treble boost, etc. I can also determine from wiring schematics what needs to be done to accomplish it. "

so i emailed the guy THIS :

" hey , i saw the ad in cairgslist and i want to mod my pedal . its a kick ass delay pedal , a beringer reverb/delay . now what i want to do is this , my buddy has a bose delay and it has a backwards sound on it . how much will it cost to make my delay go backwards ? and can you make echos like 2 or ten miuntes for a whole song ? (like an old pikn floid? ha haa sid barnet is my hero !!!!)

also i have a beriger wah wah , its an old one , the one with the germanimum capacitode like hendricks  . but it really sounds great when i have it all the way back on my foot , can you make it sound good all the way on when i push it up ?

then there is my chorus pedal , its a one from target . a starocaster . i was thinking that if you can mod it for true bypast , and also make the faster setting on the depth even faster it would sound like "i am iron MAnNN !!" can you do this mods ? maybe you will go to radio shack with me and i will pay for parts but i dont have a car so i wont fogret gass moniys too or we can go to mcdonalds.

if you can do all the mods so , i will email you the pedals , 50 for all right ? or is it 50 cents a pedal ?

sorry for F-in with ya , i couldn't help myself , i am a lil buzzed so ... and i build amps n pedals too so ... just kidding , good luck man ...

i read your ad , and thought how much i would enjoy if someone messed with me like i just did . anyway , i really do wish you luck , and may all your circuits come up good the first time thru .

sincerely , Pt2 . "

:icon_lol:

i got a kick out of it anyway .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

anchovie

Quote from: petey twofinger on April 11, 2012, 03:34:36 AM
how much i would enjoy if someone messed with me

People of the Internet!

Petey Twofinger would like it very much if you sent him hoax emails.

Knock yourselves out!
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

frequencycentral

Quote from: petey twofinger on April 11, 2012, 03:34:36 AM
i saw this ad on Cl :

" Pedal MODS - $50 (South Side)

Hey that's me! WTF! I thought I could make something really special with you then you go and break my heart this way and tell all your friends about it. Mens!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

garcho

They have South Sides in the UK?
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Paul Marossy

So far I've had ZERO success buying or selling anything on craigslist. Maybe it's because of where I live, I dunno.  :icon_mad:

frequencycentral

Quote from: garcho on April 11, 2012, 10:52:55 AM
They have South Sides in the UK?

We have all four cardinal points. Actually I think we invented them.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

DougH

Damn, I just got that backwards thing working too... How am I gonna sell it now?...
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

petey twofinger

im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

markeebee

garcho

QuoteIt's called Australia.

I've heard that's a rough area!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

MikeH

That's just the sort thing that I'd find really amusing when I did it to someone else, but would give me a rage stroke if someone did it to me.  I'm not great at taking my own medicine...  :icon_mrgreen:
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

.Mike

Quote from: petey twofinger on April 11, 2012, 03:34:36 AMthen there is my chorus pedal , its a one from target . a starocaster .

Hey now... that's a fine pedal. It's almost a part-for-part copy of the Boss CE-5 (analog version), except it uses MN3102/3207 instead of the MN3101/3007.

A steal at $10. ;)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Colonel Angus

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!! It's nice to see everyone's sense of humour intact
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

tubegeek

All kidding aside - I am a Math tutor, and every time I put an ad on Craigslist I get exactly zippo responses from actual customers. However, I also ALWAYS get at least one person trying to scam me with the forged-money-order trick. Get this - it happens even when my ad includes "Don't bother contacting me with the forged-money-order proposition. I know how it works."

Don't that beat all?

-j
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

MikeH

I always add some ridiculous instruction as the first line in my post like, "Please put the word 'COBBLER' in the subject line of your email, otherwise I will have to assume it's spam n' scam."

It is AMAZING how seldom people follow that instruction even when it's the first line of the post.  Often people will send me a second identical email with the word in the subject, after they've gone back and actually read my post.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH