Author Topic: Zvex Super Hard On  (Read 43673 times)

El Heisenberg

Re: Zvex Super Hard On
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
The inventobox module SHO schem has other differences...a .01 cap and 1k series combo at the input. ...?

I already built mine point to point on top of the 5k pot and hot glued everything in place. Zener to ground. I used a .01 cap but no 1k resistor.
"Your meth is good, Jesse. As good as mine."

clamhandsmcgee

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »
Alright, I need some help.  I followed the OP's pcb layout except for leaving out the D1 diode and for D2 I used a 9.1 Zener diode.  I have everything wired up and it has a bad hiss pretty much on any volume.  I don't know much about building pedals so any help would be appreciated.  Also should I put a 1N4148 diode for D1 or should I leave it out?  Thanks in advance.

guitari89

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »
If I wanted to add a stomp switch... Where would that go in the circuit? I know it would probably go near the power supply however will signal still go through when it is bypassed? Trying to make a pedal... This is going to be my first project. Seems like a relatively simple one and a great addition to my pedal board.

Thanks!

Vince_b

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:55 AM »
If you want to know how to wire a stomp switch to bypass an effect, here are the different options:
http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=76

Jdansti

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »
If I wanted to add a stomp switch... Where would that go in the circuit? I know it would probably go near the power supply however will signal still go through when it is bypassed? Trying to make a pedal... This is going to be my first project. Seems like a relatively simple one and a great addition to my pedal board.

Thanks!

Here's another good description of wiring the switch and LED:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/switch_lo_3pdt_ig_dcjack.gif?phpMyAdmin=78482479fd7e7fc3768044a841b3e85a
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...