|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 10:59:55 AM
975200 Posts in 103856 Topics by 33226 Members
Latest Member: dman11
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  Projects  |  Beginner Project  |  4: Switches/Bypass/Etc.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4: Switches/Bypass/Etc....  (Read 128139 times)
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

Re: 4: Switches/Bypass/Etc....
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2008, 12:09:31 PM »

It goes to the board. Then at the board you run a wire to the switch.
chrisbtz

« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2008, 01:52:31 PM »

kewl thanks. I hope to build this this weekend. I'll post if anymore questions arrise.
vortico

« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2009, 05:03:36 PM »

This is a total noob question, but if guitar cables are unbalanced and mono, why a stereo input?
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2009, 05:30:59 PM »

Great question and time for you to read the FAQ link above. Specifically look at the JACKS section:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_FAQ
vortico

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2009, 01:06:57 PM »

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks.
I'm in the process of reading the entire FAQ. It's great so far!
NumBass

Dallas O. - Wisconsin

« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2009, 10:24:21 PM »

the only switches i can get around here are on/off switches.    like....... two connectors.......either connected or not connected (lol)   is there any way to make these work?
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »

That's not enough connectors unfortunately. There's a STORE link above :-)
NumBass

Dallas O. - Wisconsin

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2009, 10:39:02 PM »

alright...thought id ask lol.   im ordering them now Cheesy
NumBass

Dallas O. - Wisconsin

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »

alright another ?.... ,While im waiting for my switch to come in, do u put the 47 uF Cap behind the 5K Pot, and then hook that to the 47K and 100K resistors that go to ground, or does the Cap and Pot go after the resistors??     
BTW - im almost done but it looks REALLY crappy (the soldering job) because the last time i soldered was two years ago and cuz all we have right now is a thick gauge solder Cry    I think it should turn out fine though, hopefully, lol.
(note to self: go buy thinner solder...*scribbling noises*)
NumBass

Dallas O. - Wisconsin

« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »

soooooo its been like two weeks and no one has answered my ? above ^.......could anyone answer please??
Gordon

« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »

Hello!
I am using a DPDT switch for the bypass. When the bypass is engaged, the sound is fine, but when I switch the effect on, all I get is a quiet hissing sound. As I turn up the potentiometer, the hissing gets louder, but there is still no sound from my guitar. What should I do?
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »

It sounds like the circuit is working and that somehow you have mis-wired the switch so the circuit doesn't get signal. Alternately, you have a bad solder joint right at the beginning of the circuit and your guitar signal is not reaching the base of the transistor.

Aron
Voodoo Blues

Mike P

« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2009, 08:27:36 PM »

Here is a version with the DC jack:

Aron, Why isn't ring lug on the input jack needed in the circuit with the DC jack is engaged?

When I looked up the connection diagram of the DC Jack it said to connect one lug to board - and battery - (see link) but that's not the way it's hooked up in the above picture.

Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=93

Who put a fog machine in my pedal?
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »

It should work fine as above. The ring is used to turn the circuit off when the battery is used. When the battery is not used, then you don't need to worry about switching it on or off. Of course you can connect that DC jack tab to the ring too if you want.
Voodoo Blues

Mike P

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »

Of course you can connect that DC jack tab to the ring too if you want.

That's the way I have it wired right now, I just wasn't sure if it would work (bypass the battery). Thanks Aron.

Who put a fog machine in my pedal?
GarySpence

« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2009, 11:28:14 AM »

Hi Everyone,

So, finally got the boost built. Happy days! LED and switch working fine. The only thing is that instead of boosting the volume, when clicked on it actually reduces the volume!!! As the effect is working in reverse I assume I've soldered one of the components back-to-front? Any ideas what this could be as I can't see what it is I've done wrong. Where should I start... Smiley Despite that I had a blast doing this!

Cheers
Gary
.Mike

Mike - Savannah, Georgia USA

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »

Hi Everyone,

So, finally got the boost built. Happy days! LED and switch working fine. The only thing is that instead of boosting the volume, when clicked on it actually reduces the volume!!! As the effect is working in reverse I assume I've soldered one of the components back-to-front? Any ideas what this could be as I can't see what it is I've done wrong. Where should I start... Smiley Despite that I had a blast doing this!

Cheers
Gary

Hi there,

If I recall correctly, having the transistor backwards can cause a reduction in gain instead of a boost.

Double-check the orientation of your transistor. If you look at the schematic, it lists B, C, and E. Google the transistor you used along with the word "datasheet." The datasheet will show an image of your transistor, and list which pins are B, C, and E. Make sure the right pins are connected to the right place.

Smiley

Mike

If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. Wink

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:57 PM »

Make sure you also have power going to the transistor. Use your meter to measure the DC voltage at the pins of the transistor. Put the black on ground and use the red probe to measure the voltages at the pins.
GarySpence

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2009, 01:47:54 PM »

Huh

Thanks Mike. Got the datasheet and check the pins were in the right sockets. What strange is that the sound of the the effect stays the same no matter what what the transistor is connected . It's the same when I take it out too!

Hey Aron. Black to ground and red to a pin at a time. Nada. Could the .1uf Capacitor be the wrong way round or does this not matter?
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »

> Black to ground and red to a pin at a time. Nada.

What does this mean? No voltage reading?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: