Has this circuit been verified ?

Started by HOTTUBES, April 13, 2012, 08:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTTUBES

I measure every cap , resistor that i put into this circuit ....so i would say Yes , the component values should be proper .
And your right , i have come back to a build a few days later as was able to spot the problem right away !!!
I will keep working at it , i will find it ..

Thanks for your assistance  !

Toney

Yeah I saw that layout - do you have the schem it came from? Just curious as to which boutique.
The circuit is very simple and should work as it looks in the layout and with the voltages you have posted you should hear something .
Gotta be a simple error such as miswired jack, solder bridge etc.

gruemungus

Toney

Fastest way to debug is make the audio probe its just a probe or even piece of wire hooked up to a 100nF cap and ground (search the forum if you haven't built one you should  ;D)
Then probe to trannie base hear guitar?
Probe to output cap - hear guitar?

Save heaps of time.

HOTTUBES

Yes , its wired to a switch .....

Audio probe   !!!    Good idea  !!!

zambo

I stink at vero. This looks like an npn version of an sho judging by component values. I cant tell about the diodes. Are the protection or clipping diodes? I built one with a mosfet today and had a similar problem. Got a tiny bit of sound but no boost or anything and very noisey. I had the right and left legs of the fet reversed. Not sure that helps. Good luck!
I wonder what happens if I .......

Taylor

I just drew this from the layout:

Click here to view the live circuit simulation.

I am not an expert on these circuits, but looks to me like an Electra distortion with variable gain.