Breadboard effects pedal help.

Started by bogwalrus, April 15, 2012, 02:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogwalrus

This is going to be a tough one but i'm looking to create a few different effects using the most minimal parts and little change around when using a breadboard.

The idea is that i can have one effect set up on my breadboard and in a short amount of time i can move a chip or a few resistors around and presto a new effect sound.

I have all the parts to build a nice echo delay with the pt2399 ic. I'm wondering what other effects i can create using the same parts etc.

If any of you have some breadboard diagrams for different effects i'd love to have a look.

I greatly appreciate your help :icon_smile:

Boggy

senko

Put a 22k resistor from pin6 to ground.  To change the delay time on the fly, just put another resistor in parallel.  You could also just drop a large (100uF) capacitor in parallel for some cool effects. 

The 10k resistor coming from the wiper terminal of the mix pot (50k) can be decreased or increased with feedback increasing or decreasing.  I've found 3.3k is a good base value.
Check out my webpage http://www.diyaudiocircuits.com and send me suggestions about what you want to see!  I do all sorts of things with audio equipment, from guitar pedals to circuitbending to analog synthesizers.

bogwalrus

That's a nice schematic. Is that for an Echo Delay?

I'll have a mess around with the resistors and see what happens.

Thanks very much for the help. Its a good starting point=)

Is there any way of creating a really crazy sounding random noise like glitch using the pt2399?

Excellent :icon_biggrin:

bogwalrus

Thats a neat little effect. Are you sure the mars volta dont use it? lol Thanks for the schematic though as i need to familiarise with as many diagrams to find common grounds etc. :icon_biggrin:

anchovie

Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

bogwalrus

Thats another great one. Thanks Anchovie. I can add that to the list. I think i have around 4 different circuits using similar parts just moved around a bit.

I might work on finding a common denominator meaning changing them all slightly while simplifying the whole change around.

Is it possible to create a bit crusher type sound using the pt2399?

Cheers again for your help.