SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Graphics!

Started by Perrow, April 16, 2012, 09:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Angus

I like this thread!!
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

rutabaga bob

Okay...this thread has languished a month.  I'll try and link to a couple of drawings, one for the 'stiff hippy 2', and one for the 'bronx cheer'.  These are free for personal use, if anybody wants to use them, but not for commercial use.  I can't tell you anything about how to print them at the size you want.
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

Colonel Angus

Here are some scans from a 70's art nouveau coloring book. Could make some cool etches :)

earthtonesaudio

Wow, those are awesome.  Except for the phallic mushroom swastica.  :icon_eek:

John Lyons

See, now that's my favorite.... :D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

garcho

Great thread. Nice stuff Colonel!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Slade

Those images are great!!! Thanks a lot, Colonel!

Perrow

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on June 02, 2012, 08:43:08 PM
phallic mushroom

Now there's a name for a pedal if I've ever seen one ;)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

chromesphere

Hey everyone,

Posted this in the main thread, Artifus suggested i post it here:

I've never put knob dials on my graphics for pedals.  I was thinking last night "it might actually make it easier to remember settings if i did."

So, had a slow day at work today, you know how it is, decided to make a few knob dial graphics.  They are PNG so you can edit them as you wish.  Created in fireworks, I hope the file plays nice with your editor.

I might add some more later, but heres a few basic ones to start with.

!!! THIS IS A PREVIEW, DOWNLOAD PNG BELOW !!!

Download PNG (600k): http://www.chromesphere.com/x/pedal/Knob_Dials.png

Cheers,
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

garcho

thanks for the knob graphics, bravo!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Colonel Angus

This will come in handy for sure! Thanks!

chromesphere

Cant seem to edit my original message so, heres a PSD file incase your editor doesnt play nice with the fireworks PNG:

http://www.chromesphere.com/x/pedal/knob_dials.psd

I have been adding more knob dial scales to my original file (and will probably do more :)).
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

semicolonoscopy

I've had some folks ask me for this graphic to use on their own FF. Please use it like a pcb layout, for personal use but not monetary gain. Thanks!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/glowndark/FUZZFACTORY_LoganB.jpg

rockappalla

These are for the Echo base and Madbean Lowrder that I'm gonna build, and then my already built ts 808 clone

Perrow

The graphics for my latest build, my entry to the 2012 Turkey Day Shootout Competition, Little Big Angel

Click for full scale. Part of the background on the first image is transparent, might look strange, but should print correct. Should measure correct for Taydas B size enclosure when printed at 300 dpi.

And a drilling template.

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Mustachio

I meant to Add my graphics with my turkey day project as well but I forgot so here they are here.

Should be 300dpi
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Jdansti

Thanks Jim.  Great job on the graphics!  What technique did you use to apply the graphics before the pour on?  In other words, did you print the images on plain paper, photo paper, wet slide, etc ? 
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Mustachio

-Hey John thanks! I used this white sticker paper that claims to be water proof. I got 10 sheets off ebay about a year ago. I searched for this again not long ago for Gov_Lacky . Here's the link to what I been using.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glossy-Inkjet-Photo-Blank-Create-Your-Sticker-Paper-8-5-X11-10-full-sheets-/120983069743?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2b27242f

Seems like not bad paper. This last time I figured Id try to spray the graphics with a shaker can of glossy clear coat from rustoleum before I added the Pour-on to see if it would help at all. It didnt seem to make much of a difference.

Depending on what your pouring over It tends to make what ever its covering a little darker/contrast. the same way wood grain and tones come out when you clear over them. So I usually try to think a little brighter when Designing the graphics.

I've also found that using sticker paper over a flat black surface and then using pour-on isnt great at least in my trials. I believe because it was flat the surface had a bit rougher of a surface and the sticker paper didnt sit down as tight as it should have and pour-on got under the paper and starts to turn it semi transparent and that will ruin detail in the graphics (especially anything white will turn grey) .

I haven't tried a glossy black paint yet But I think if everything else is right it should work.

I've had a few ideas I need to try. One of em is to do one coat of pour-on then apply water slide then a second flood coat of pour on. This way there will be space between the graphics and the surface and will give more of a real life drop shadow effect and maybe a small amount of caustics as the light shines through the waterslide. Also the idea is to maybe use both sticker paper and water slide and applying on different levels of the surface and the pour-on surface to give more depth .

Something like paint>sticker paper> pour-on> waterslide>pour-on

and using that method you can break up different elements of the graphics so they have seperated shadows etc. almost like screen printing where different elements and colors are applied over each other. 
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"