Fuzz Factory debugging - resets power

Started by Shawbrook, April 20, 2012, 05:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawbrook

I recently built a Fuzz Factory clone from Musikding.de. Almost everything works fine: the true bypass signal, the effect itself, the pots, the LED. But there is something wrong. First of all, when I press the button to turn it on it always takes about a second to power up. You can also see the LED not turning on immediately, but gradually lighting up. Secondly, when the pedal is daisy chained with other pedals it resets the power to all the pedals when turned on. So when I press the pedal, all the pedals momentarily turn off and then turn on again. Obviously it's a power issue.

Does anyone have a solution?

Mike Burgundy

1)follow the debugging sticky at the top of the forum
2)post here, everything as stated, including but not limited to pictures of what you've done, voltages, the lot.

That said - sounds like wiring. You're bypass switching, not power switching, right?

Shawbrook

Quote from: Mike Burgundy on April 20, 2012, 07:29:31 AM
1)follow the debugging sticky at the top of the forum
2)post here, everything as stated, including but not limited to pictures of what you've done, voltages, the lot.

That said - sounds like wiring. You're bypass switching, not power switching, right?

I didn't do all that, the voltages and stuff, because I'm positive that everything else works perfectly. This is the only problem, I thought by telling you the symptoms someone could figure out what's wrong. And yes it's bypass switching.

slacker

It's pretty much got to be your wiring to the bypass switch, which method are you using? Or it could be that stamping on the switch is somehow briefly shorting the power out in the pedal, this would cause everything to go off, but I'd expect it to do the same thing when you turn it off as well.

Shawbrook

I tried some things, and I think the problem is that the battery is shorting with the PCB. Sadly there isn't a lot of room for the battery now, but I'll give it a try.  :P