PCB eyelet/solder pad fix for circuit input?

Started by thg, April 21, 2012, 12:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thg

I was working with the GGG GRO (Green Ringer) PCB and the eyelet/solder pad came off of the input on both sides of the board (I tried to resolder it for some reason that I can't remember now).  Can I connect it with a jumper to another place on the board in order for the circuit to work?  What if it was connected to the "A"/LED hole or the first resistor?  Or am I just out of luck with this particular board?   

Here's a link to a photo of the board:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pics/pcbs/1m_gro_pcb.jpg

I should probably add that it looks like power is getting to the board when I test it with a multimeter.  Does that mean it's not a problem with the input but that the reason for the pedal not working lies somewhere else?

I'm new to pedal building (if you couldn't tell) and any help is appreciated.

joegagan

Yes, any trace or pad can be replaced/repaired with real wire.
Back in the 80s, i was married to a girl whose dad was a general electric employee. We were able to buy 'refurbished' GE products at a discount. We got an answering machine (cassette!) , at some point i took it apart and found a bunch of small red repair wires on the trace side of the board.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.