Vox 846 HW adding a dc jack and weird pot plus layout

Started by nik55, April 23, 2012, 02:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nik55

I picked one up on Ebay used and they are superbly built but this one tends to pick up the radio,especially if you use the plexi bottom.
Now I resoldered the  wire going across the 2 jacks and that seemed to solve it.
But today I was getting it a little and it seemed like the wire from the pot out was the culprit.
At least with the bottom cover off and moving the wire around.
Now I unsoldered the wire there, and I was quite surprised because there is no hole on the solder tab there.
What is the best way to solder wires on such a tab?
I would think the possibility of bad solder joints would go up on the pot because of it.

They also used some solder where high temperature is needed to get it off.

I finished off the layout someone started as well.
Also how tough to add a dc jack to the pedal?

joegagan

wait, they actually sell these with a plexi bottom? love it! does it come with a regular plate as well? crazy.

should be easy to add the dc input,look up GGG ( general guitar gadgets ) and many other DIY sites for the wiring diagram for dc jack.

thank you for taking the time to lay out the diagram, looks great, 100% awesome first post!

my big question is, how is the durability in these pots? previous chinese pots in wahs have not fared well, am looking forward to when they finally get the pot issue solved.

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

boogietube

Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808