What's up with music electronics forum

Started by cjlectronics, April 25, 2012, 07:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjlectronics

Can anyone else open the music electronics forum?

teemuk

I can't but it will probably be up in a few hours again. The geeks that keep that site running do a very poor job, IMHO. That forum is constantly pestered with problems, spambots, adware, and it crashes my browser every time I login. I can basically post there only if I reply to threads and as soon as I hit the send button it's browser crash time again. Great forum by content but the software and all related totally sucks.  :(

They are probably running some maintanance and, unlike other forums, they don't bother to have any info bulletins about it.

Mark Hammer

To the best of my knowledge, there IS no "they".  It's all Steve "T-Boy" Morrison, who has kept it afloat for some 16 or 17 years, bless him.

cjlectronics

Quote from: teemuk on April 25, 2012, 09:34:06 AM
I can't but it will probably be up in a few hours again. The geeks that keep that site running do a very poor job, IMHO. That forum is constantly pestered with problems, spambots, adware, and it crashes my browser every time I login. I can basically post there only if I reply to threads and as soon as I hit the send button it's browser crash time again. Great forum by content but the software and all related totally sucks.  :(

They are probably running some maintanance and, unlike other forums, they don't bother to have any info bulletins about it.

I understand and it can be frustrating, but hats off the steve "t-boy" for maintaning firebottle/ampage and then the music electronics forum for many years... with most of it on his dime.  I have donated to the forum, albiet not very much, but I did support it with my knowledge as well. I hope it comes back soon.

aron