Parametric Eq Mega Boost

Started by grooveshysta, April 26, 2012, 03:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grooveshysta

Hello,

I have a real nice prototype running based on this http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/eqs/paramet.htm

I am building it for a friend who plays both guitar and pedal steal. He wants an eq for being able to boost mid range tones so the 4 band I have built for him selects bands around his requirement.

He tried it the other day and asked if I can make it more extreme. I have 2 questions;

If I change the value of the 2.7k resistors, will this change the level of cut and boost? I have 2 1.5ks to make 3k at the moment. If I just use 1.5k, will this give more?

I also thought that in additon to the 4 bands I have made so far, taking the output, putting it through a second op amp stage adding a further 2 bands duplicating the main mid range band. The idea being that he could set wide boosts on stage one and then bost agian with a tight notch in the second stage. I could add a switch to switch in and out the second stage.

Will it just be simply taking the output after U1b and adding it to the + of a further op amp duplcating the curcuit?

Thank you!

grooveshysta

Anybody got any thoughs on this?

lietuvis

Quote from: grooveshysta on April 27, 2012, 03:08:33 AM
Anybody got any thoughs on this?
It maight need to cut some bands to make these boosted ones to stand out , it might be that +15db boost and -15db cut will make around 30db differnce between the bands you want to be standing out.hope this helps.