Newbie needs acoustic stompbox help..... please.

Started by volvo13, April 27, 2012, 08:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

volvo13

Hey everyone,

Loud electric rocker who got old and now plays a lot of acoustic trio stuff needs a little help. I've been using a tambourine and sleighbells for foot percussion during gigs. I'd like to join the so trendy stomp box gang. I have a simple plan and just want a little help with the electronics.

I'm borrowing this guys basic idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2rMDCQ7tvU&feature=related

It'll be a wooden box stompbox with 1 piezo on the wood, and I'll have some tambourine parts attached in the back with another peizo. Most of the DIY'ers who go this complicated have 2 jacks and 2 cables. I'd like to get this design down to 1 jack and cable to save inputs on my PA system.

So if attach both piezo transducers (probably radio shack piezo buzzers broken down) to a 100K Dual-Ganged Stereo Volume Control(with a 6 sided dice knob or a skull).... will that work? I figure this way I can just balance between the 2 piezo's to find the right balance between toe stomping and heel clicking on the box.

Does this sound like it will work? Is it a good viable idea? Should I make it even more compicated - ie. tone knobs on each piezo and then balance pot? Do I even need the balance pot for volume adjustment?

Goal is simple stompbox with heel and toe action (dual piezo) that uses only one 1/4" output to save PA system space.

Thanks everyone. I can rewire a guitar with a wiring diagram, and have doing so several times over the years. So I have minimal knowledge with electronics.