AMZ Mosfet Booster Help!!

Started by soupbone, April 28, 2012, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soupbone

I have all of my resistors and caps wired in,but in Jack's diagram with 3pdt switch; http://www.muzique.com/tech/mosfet4.gif  I don't really understand the green wire in the diagram coming from the input jack.It's got another wire coming from the 3pdt switch that is sliced in some how?Need a little help with this part!It's all the green wire that is the mystery!Any help would be greatly appreciated!

petey twofinger

i see 2 green wires on the switch

the bottom one has a little J labeling , i believe that represents jumper . this wire would serve a purpose for the switching circuit , but i admit i have never thought thru a 3pdt ... i am gonna say it is necessary ! prolly for the bypass mode , to carry the signal thru when its off ?

now the top green wire on the switch that runs up to a wire going to the input jack and elsewhere , actually all over the place .  i am guessing this may be causing some confusion ?

it is serving as a ground feed for the "switching circuit" (switch) . if you follow that green wire it goes all over , grounding ALMOST everything . the input , output , dc in jack , the pot , the circuit board ... everything except the 9 volt battery minus . the reason the 9v minus isnt hooked up to the green wire is because in this design , it calls for a stereo input jack to serve as a battery power switch .

look at the output jack , its a mono . now the 3rd connection on the input stereo jack functions as a switch to turn the battery on when the input cable is present . unplug the cable when yer done or its dead battery time in boosterville . a booster with a dead battery could come into handy , if say , you were playing lead guitar for madonna , say at the superbowl , ( like lip/syching ) but ... i digress . so the sleeve part on the male cable connects the battery minus to the ground of the circuit , thru the stereo jack turning it on . you will have to make sure you get those connections right on the jack when you are hooking it all up . i use a meter with a continuity test , and a cable to double check as i go .

hope this helps , sorry about the "joke" i am done now  . i promise .

p.s.  i have one of these boxed up and i like it , but i tried a 1n4001 diode for it , and eventually i blew a transistor , make sure you get a 9 volt zener ... dont be a goof like me ...

im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

soupbone

Quote from: petey twofinger on April 28, 2012, 07:09:36 PM
i see 2 green wires on the switch

the bottom one has a little J labeling , i believe that represents jumper . this wire would serve a purpose for the switching circuit , but i admit i have never thought thru a 3pdt ... i am gonna say it is necessary ! prolly for the bypass mode , to carry the signal thru when its off ?

now the top green wire on the switch that runs up to a wire going to the input jack and elsewhere , actually all over the place .  i am guessing this may be causing some confusion ?

it is serving as a ground feed for the "switching circuit" (switch) . if you follow that green wire it goes all over , grounding ALMOST everything . the input , output , dc in jack , the pot , the circuit board ... everything except the 9 volt battery minus . the reason the 9v minus isnt hooked up to the green wire is because in this design , it calls for a stereo input jack to serve as a battery power switch .

look at the output jack , its a mono . now the 3rd connection on the input stereo jack functions as a switch to turn the battery on when the input cable is present . unplug the cable when yer done or its dead battery time in boosterville . a booster with a dead battery could come into handy , if say , you were playing lead guitar for madonna , say at the superbowl , ( like lip/syching ) but ... i digress . so the sleeve part on the male cable connects the battery minus to the ground of the circuit , thru the stereo jack turning it on . you will have to make sure you get those connections right on the jack when you are hooking it all up . i use a meter with a continuity test , and a cable to double check as i go .

hope this helps , sorry about the "joke" i am done now  . i promise .

p.s.  i have one of these boxed up and i like it , but i tried a 1n4001 diode for it , and eventually i blew a transistor , make sure you get a 9 volt zener ... dont be a goof like me ...

Ok great!Thanks!That helped a lot!

mmaatt25

The green wire on the 3pdt switch marked J is for the true bypass.  Signal comes in on the left red wire and either goes to the blue wire on the input of the circiut and flows through your circuit and back out along the blue output wire to the switch and then along the red wire to the output jack.  Or when in bypass mode from input to output via green wire marked J

soupbone

Quote from: soupbone on April 28, 2012, 06:48:21 PM
I have all of my resistors and caps wired in,but in Jack's diagram with 3pdt switch; http://www.muzique.com/tech/mosfet4.gif  I don't really understand the green wire in the diagram coming from the input jack.It's got another wire coming from the 3pdt switch that is spliced in some how?Need a little help with this part!It's all the green wire that is the mystery!Any help would be greatly appreciated!

soupbone

Quote from: mmaatt25 on April 29, 2012, 04:02:00 AM
The green wire on the 3pdt switch marked J is for the true bypass.  Signal comes in on the left red wire and either goes to the blue wire on the input of the circiut and flows through your circuit and back out along the blue output wire to the switch and then along the red wire to the output jack.  Or when in bypass mode from input to output via green wire marked J

Ok.My main question though is the green wire that's coming from the "in" jack.Then it goes to a spliced?? in wire to the top middle terminal point on the switch.Then it looks like it's "spliced" in again to the "out" jack,and then to ground.That's what I'm not understanding about the layout.

petey twofinger

that wire is the ground

now the top green wire on the switch that runs up to a wire going to the input jack and elsewhere , actually all over the place .  i am guessing this may be causing some confusion ?

all this that i typed out explains what is going on with that wire . it also explains the 3 wire input jacks .

"  it is serving as a ground feed for the "switching circuit" (switch) . if you follow that green wire it goes all over , grounding ALMOST everything . the input , output , dc in jack , the pot , the circuit board ... everything except the 9 volt battery minus . the reason the 9v minus isnt hooked up to the green wire is because in this design , it calls for a stereo input jack to serve as a battery power switch .

look at the output jack , its a mono . now the 3rd connection on the input stereo jack functions as a switch to turn the battery on when the input cable is present . unplug the cable when yer done or its dead battery time in boosterville . a booster with a dead battery could come into handy , if say , you were playing lead guitar for madonna , say at the superbowl , ( like lip/syching ) but ... i digress . so the sleeve part on the male cable connects the battery minus to the ground of the circuit , thru the stereo jack turning it on . you will have to make sure you get those connections right on the jack when you are hooking it all up . i use a meter with a continuity test , and a cable to double check as i go .  "
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself