Factory de Fuzz verboard project

Started by StevenJM, April 29, 2012, 01:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenJM

I'm thinking about giving this link a try...

This is going to be my first Vero board build, so I have a few questions regarding the off board wiring.  Mainly with the grounds.

I know the input and output from the board will be wiring to my 3pdt switch, but where does the ground go to? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would I...

1.  wire the ground from the board to the ground lug of my input jack? 
2.  And then from the input jack to the ground of my footswitch? 
3.  And then a 3rd connecting my input jack to my output jack?

I just want to make sure I get the off board wiring right since theres not a lot of (if any) veroboard layouts out there that include the off board wiring.

Jdansti

Take a look at this link for off board wiring. It will give you several options.

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=76

I believe that circuit #5 is the most popular, and the one I usually use, although I normally omit the 9v battery.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

StevenJM

thanks i forgot about that tone pad site. 

thanks.

Jdansti

Unfortunately, the link I provide reverts back to a different page. I tried to show you the specific page that shows the various wiring options. I think it's a PDF, so I'll try to download it and provide a better link.
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

Well, I just clicked on the link again and it went straight to the PDF. Crazy...
  • SUPPORTER

StevenJM

it took me to the tonepad site, i was able to figure it out.  i saved the image to my computer.

I think i had it right anyways, but it'll still be nice to keep the tone pad layout near by.

thanks again