Power supply for old Small Stone phaser?

Started by lowvolt, April 29, 2012, 05:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowvolt

Hey all.  I know this isn't exactly a DIY thing, but I didn't know where else to ask this.

I have an old Electro Harmonix Small Stone phaser.  EH4800, no LED and it has the "round nut" on the footswitch instead of a hex nut. 

Above the power jack on the panel it only says "AC".  It looks to be a 1/8th inch mini connector.  Best I can tell it's a tip/sleeve.  Anyone know what PSU this thing takes?  Last thing I want to do it let the smoke out of it!  I've had it forever and for life of me I cannot remember what type/voltage/etc the thing takes.  It's pretty beat up and I'm hoping to get it back on line.

Thank you .... :)
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

theehman

The original power supply is 9vdc, 100mA.  It has a 1/8" plug with tip positive.
Ron Neely II
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs

Tony Forestiere

The Visual Sound One Spot Combo has two adapters for the old 9v EHX power jacks:
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

lowvolt

Oh HELLS YEA!  Thanks folks!!!  I've been wanting to get that thing fired up to see if it still works, or if I need to work on it some.  I bought it new sometime around 1980 I think .... I think .. been a lot of blue smoke and fluid intoxicants modifying my brain chemistry since 1980 so it's difficult to say exactly when I got it.  :)

I've got parts so I'll just monkey-up a pigtail adaptor to fit a Boss wall wart .. TIP POS, Yea?

Thanks for the info!  I'll post results of testing in this thread.  :)

Hasta Lasagne!..
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.