Help with true bypassing a ts9

Started by ScottSol, May 07, 2012, 05:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottSol

Already did a search, but the links I found were outdated and wouldn't work.
Can anyone send me a pdf/link on how to wire up a 3dpdt switch on a ts9?

R.G.

It would be simpler and easier to add an external true bypass box.

Or to read and follow the internal TB mod with a relay here: http://geofex.com/Article_Folders/bosstech.pdf
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Renegadrian

guys I got a strange problem...I just true bypassed a ts9 following this how-to, so wire1 on the board is output and wire 11 is input.
I mounted a dpdt and intend to use millenium 2 for the led, but that's another story.
the pedal works, but when on you can hear it on a very low level, and the volume pot doesn't work. I am sure that pin 1 of the pot gets 4.5v. Any suggestions!?
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

R.G.

True bypass is a solution to a problem we no longer have.

If you simply must have true bypass, it's far simpler to do it with an external box or an internally controlled relay. The external box is easy, and does not butcher an existing pedal enclosure. The internal relay is simple, uses one MOSFET or transistor plus the ($3.00) relay, and does not butcher the pedal enclosure.

See: http://geofex.com/Article_Folders/bosstech.pdf
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Renegadrian

ok sorry I just disturbed you guys...actually it was just two components touching themselves on the board...true bypass, it works great now and I managed not to butcher the enclosure, it is fully reversable if needed, and the switch sits in place of the original. It's a pita to get the switch to the right height, but it clicks right!
want some pics?!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

mac

I have a couple of Boss pedals and I recommend you to use an external bypass box. Despite the extra space needed in your pedal board, I found some uses for the internal buffer while bypassed, like some boost or treble recovery.

mac
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84