Does anyone else get this error message?!

Started by Paul Marossy, May 08, 2012, 12:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

I get this when I click on any link in my email notifications:

frank_p

When you go in your mail account ?
I just went and clicked on a link without problem.

Paul Marossy

Yes, when I get an email from the forum saying I have a reply to a post, or for any private messages. It's always worked 100% of the time for me for several years but now all of the sudden I get this error page. I got it again just now.

joegagan

try a different broswer, netscape has been having a little trouble :icon_cool:
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Paul Marossy

I've only used Internet Explorer all these years, never had a problem. I'm at work right now, maybe it's something to do with the network? Although it's always worked fine before...  :icon_confused:

.Mike

It's not the network, and it's not (quite) the browser. It's the server.

Either you are being sent malformed links that take you to a page that results in the server sending an Error 406, or the server is having some other global problem that is causing it to throw an Error 406 that most browsers ignore, but yours does not.

Recommended course of action: tell Aron.

:)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Paul Marossy

---------- Hey Aron!!!! ----------[move]

TELEFUNKON

Quote from: Paul Marossy on May 08, 2012, 01:20:09 PM
I've only used Internet Explorer all these years, never had a problem. I'm at work right now, maybe it's something to do with the network? Although it's always worked fine before...  :icon_confused:

Click for necrobump?

aron

Copy the link and check and see if it looks incorrect. Paste the link into a text editor.

Paul Marossy

Paul Marossy

Quote from: TELEFUNKON on May 08, 2012, 05:26:57 PM
Quote from: Paul Marossy on May 08, 2012, 01:20:09 PM
I've only used Internet Explorer all these years, never had a problem. I'm at work right now, maybe it's something to do with the network? Although it's always worked fine before...  :icon_confused:

Click for necrobump?

I don't have AT&T anymore and I have had the same ISP and email address for at least the last four years and have never had a problem. My problem is not that I am not getting email notifications it's that all the sudden I can't use the links sent in the email notifications.

I also just cleared my internet history and tossed my cookies. Still does the same thing.

TELEFUNKON

Paul Marossy

Quote from: TELEFUNKON on May 08, 2012, 05:51:28 PM
This is the link I just received as notification:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=97371.new;topicseen#new

it takes me right here!

Now you try it.

It doesn't work from my email message, I keep getting the same error message. If I click on the link from within this post, it works fine.

TELEFUNKON

I only simply right-clicked and "copy-link" the blue link right out of my Outlook Express notification.
This is what I pasted right into above post.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: TELEFUNKON on May 08, 2012, 06:00:07 PM
I only simply right-clicked and "copy-link" the blue link right out of my Outlook Express notification.
This is what I pasted right into above post.

It works if I do that, but I never had to do that before. I was able to just click on the link in my email and it took me to the page. It's aggravating that all of the sudden it doesn't work anymore.  :icon_mad:

I need to try it from a computer at home, maybe it's something to do with this dumb computer at work.

TELEFUNKON

Looks like you get "redirected" by something/someone, or not directed/connected at all.
In my case, when I (left-) click on the link in Outlook Express, it opens a new window in my browser (or starts the browser, if it hasn`t been on already), just like it is supposed to do.
So I daresay it`s not the forum, but it`s rather your individual  situation. Yes, check again at home.
Good luck!

Paul Marossy

Yeah, this is very weird. I wasn't doing anything I hadn't done many times before here at work, but it don't work. Maybe they did something to the network? I'll have to check from home and see what happens.

Paul Marossy

I didn't get around to checking with my home computer last night, but I can say that the links work fine from my iPhone. Must be this computer here at work I guess....

Paul Marossy

Crap! It gives me the same error message when I try clicking on any links in my email notifications from my home computer. I think maybe something is screwy with my account. Oh well, I guess I have to just live with it.