Can I use audio here instead of CV? audio switching arpeggiator.

Started by aeiou, May 11, 2012, 10:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeiou

http://www.flickr.com/photos/armenws/4796997608/

Instead of a synth arpeggiator i'm looking to build a arpeggiator that will switch audio signals between audio components -- basically the equivalent of hitting a 4 way switch but automatically arpeggiated (i.e., up, down, random, etc.)..

So can I simply use audio in the place of the CV in a synth arpeggio circuit? how should i modify this circuit?

aeiou

aeiou

ok, still doing research on this. looks like in lieu of the 'step 1 - 16' arpeggiator, ill want to use some kind of analog multiplexer ic? with those legs enabling or switching the control of specific channel.

so ideally.. i would have a chip that will either switch the audio only as long as it has voltage, or will un-mute the audio as long as it has voltage. and if i wanted an 8 step sequence, i would have 8 of these hooked up to each step. right?

aeiou

ok ok, sorry about all the posts. think i have it now. since i want a soft on/off, i want to use a photocell. so i have each leg of the sequencer simply power an LED, and adjacent to that i have a photocell circuit muting and unmuting the audio.

slacker