Battery Snap Wire Leads

Started by Steve Mavronis, May 13, 2012, 10:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mavronis

Since batteries don't generate any noise themselves does it matter if you twist the battery snap wire leads together or not? Are they that subject to RF interference? I see some DIY pedals done both ways and makes me wonder.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

SISKO

Betteries are very-low impedance current sources. Its very unlucky to pick up any interference. Maybe if you live near a very-high power rf transmitter, but at that time youll be picking rf all over the place (in your amp, your guitar, etc)
I like to twist the battery snap just because I think it looks nice.
--Is there any body out there??--

CynicalMan

It's for clean wiring, not noise. Kinda like how some people use cable ties.

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: CynicalMan on May 13, 2012, 11:56:24 AM
It's for clean wiring, not noise.

Yeah, I want to try some shrink wrap tubing is strategic spots (with 2 wires they fit snug without needed to heat shrink it) to make a little looped harness as a strain relief around the 3PDT base where I use a hex nut for spacing on the inside. I don't like how my braded battery snap wires ones lay. I'm making a wiring illustration for a guide and harder to make braded wire graphics anyway! :P
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Earthscum

I use snips of heat shrink to keep mine together, other than that I only twist them when it helps it lay flat. Maybe 1/8 inch pieces, just little rings so it can still flex enough to get the battery out without flexing it all the way to the solder joints. If I can.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

sgmezei

I do it as well to keep things tidy. And the nice looking part :)