Problem with BOSS CE2 by Tonepad Switch Wiring

Started by ricbox, May 13, 2012, 05:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

ricbox

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 15, 2012, 12:17:41 PM
Time for the audio probe  ;)
Probed, the signal passes only on MN3007 (is that even right?) and on the output, of course. But I can't find the point where the effect is "added". I've also tried to reverse every transistor.
But how do i measure voltages correctly? Because I always put the black pin of multimeter on the ground and the red one on the pin of the component. I did this with transistors.

ricbox

Little update: getting only 3,5V on Q1 base. Could it be the transistor or the other components?

EDIT: Got it, it was for the low voltage of the battery.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

yeah, the battery is one of those components which often fails and has to be replaced frequently. :)

Glad you got it working!
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

ricbox

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com on May 16, 2012, 08:50:50 AM
yeah, the battery is one of those components which often fails and has to be replaced frequently. :)

Glad you got it working!
Haha, I think there's a mistake. It still doesn't work. But thanks for the advice.

Wait, are you THE Francesco? The one that realised the layout?

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

ricbox

I MADE IT!   :icon_mrgreen:

Bad MN3007.

Be careful of where you're buying things! I bought mine from Musikding.