New Build - Modular System

Started by soffa, May 15, 2012, 10:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquids

Hmmm.  I get the envelope to comparator = a gate.  You vary the threshold with which, when the envelope is above, gate open, threshold drops below, envelope is closed....

How does the schmidt trigger yield a trigger?  Or do you just mean you've tweaked it out to yield something similar to the gate, but set threshold somehow as to only pulse at attack peaks?    Or are the attack peaks variable in pusle width/length?

???
Breadboard it!

HarryBBD

I like the comment about stepping up the power supply. I use an 800mA supply, and my synth will not start. I had to make
a 'soft-start' power supply that current limits while all the decoupling capacitors charge up. Running current is no problem.

As Matt said, I have the "Muffy" (two boards) and the P/V converter, a sawtooth generator from the string, a VCO, A ladder filter,
a combination Envelope Follower / Lag / LFO, A VCA, and a radio transmitter (keyfob) on the guitar to switch things on and off.

Is that overkill ???

Hbbd

soffa

The schmidt trigger just makes a pulse from the rising edge of the gate - that's it.

Harry - now that I am running the 1A power-one supply, there are no issues. I haven't tried running Muffy along with the other stuff but I don't think there will be an issue as I was doing it before off of a similar supply.

I have not decided if I am gonna use the 10A 5V output for a wire-welder module, a nylon rope cutter, or a weenie roaster. No matter what it is, it will be true bypass!

liquids

Breadboard it!