fulltone supa trem problem...

Started by shoegazed, May 17, 2012, 06:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoegazed

hi there,

i have an older fulltone supa-trem that has been slowly acting stranger and stranger.

when i have it in the "soft" mode, i've been noticing over some time that i've had to turn the mix knob up more and more to get the same effect. at this point, turning the mix knob all the way up only gives me a subtle tremolo effect. the "hard" mode seems to not have been affected at all.

do any of you guys have any ideas on what may be going on with this thing?

i actually tried powering it with a radio shack adjustable power adapter, and noticed that the trem effect was almost inaudible at -9 volts, and only came subtly on at the 12 volt setting... (same as my pedal power i normally use)...

anyhow, thanks for your time, and i'd appreciate any answer, or directions to look at...

andy

lonewolf

shoegazed

thanks for the reply,

that's what i was suspecting, especially with it being a bit old, and used all of the time.

shoegazed

just an update,

i swapped the electrolytic capacitors and it certainly revived the soft mode. i'm not sure if it's all the way normal, but i'm certainly not turning the mix knob all the way up to get only a moderate tremolo effect.

oh, and big thanks to the fullt*** guys for never replying to my email! awesome!