News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

warhead vibe

Started by Crawf, May 18, 2012, 01:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawf

Hi there,I completed my Warhead vibe (by Madbean) build last night and got it running using two 9volt batteries in series, just until i buy a 18v DC power supply.So it is at present not boxed and has no light shield but it is working as i covered the lamp with my hand whilst strumming my geetar and it was vibing no problem.

Tonight i wired a 3pdt switch to enable me to hook up the LED which would in turn pulse in time with the lamp when switched on , the LED did pulse but it was a very slight pulse, hardly noticable, so i tried a 5mm standard clear LED but it was still the same,i'm not that fussed about having the LED pulsing but i was wondering if anybody had any idea why it's doing this? (I'm using a 78L15 100ma voltage regulator from smallbear)

Last question, is there a correct way to have the LDR's, i have mine standing and obviously facing the lamp but i have noticed in some other vibes they are flat on the board facing upwards.

Definitely last question, anybody from UK built this and if so what PSU did you use, cheers,Crawford.  :)

Liquitone

from what I understood is that its best to have the LDR's flat on the board if you are using a reflecting light-shield (like the Univibe has) and have them standing up facing the led/lamp if the shield is non-reflective.

Crawf

Thanks Liquitone ,that makes sense,anybody any thoughts on my other questions?

Liquitone

well,. I havent tried the warhead vibe method for the led,but i have had the same problem with using one of the lfo voltage points and a led to ground,.
It would pulse very slightly and also robbed some of the lamps brightness. but I tried the way viva anolog suggested here; http://www.lynx.bc.ca/~jc/pedalsUnivibe.html
a led in series with the lamp and a 1k resistor in parallel with the led which that gives a very bright pulse with normal led's.