panel engraving?

Started by tss, May 21, 2012, 04:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tss

anyone knows about a place that does laser engraving or similar on thin plastics? something that could be used for putting some graphics on a box? thanks!

defaced

I think you'll be surprised how many people local to you do it.  Try trophy shops and if they don't do what you want, ask if they know someone that does laser engraving.  Sheet metal shops often have lasers and do engraving sometimes.  Depends on what kind of laser they have (physical size and style of laser and the details of your project).  There are also places that do this online.  One that I've seen referenced before is Front Panel Express, there may be others, but I've seen that one before.  Not sure what you're going for, but you might also be able to use CNC engraving in addition to/instead of laser. 
-Mike

Earthscum

I work at a Trophy shop... yes, most shops that do laser engraving will take your job. Ask to see what materials they have available... THAT will impress you (if they have a stock like ours, which is about average). The other place to look is a sign shop, but that's hit or miss. Most places that pass for "Sign Makers" use aluminum panels in pre-made frames and cut vinyl to stick on it. A "Custom" sign shop would be the ticket, if you can find one.

If you have any problems finding anything locally, PM me and I'll see what we can do for you through our shop. If you are in the U.S., that is.

I really wish I could get my hands on an Epilogue... I would quit my job. But, my job doesn't pay enough to get an Epilogue. Catch 22.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum