Double Loop Pedal layout?

Started by carboncomp, May 27, 2012, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carboncomp

Hey guys, wanted to build a True Bypass Double Loop Pedal for switching out 2 Guitars and 2 amps, and A/B'ing pedals.

But having trouble finding a wiring diagram, any chance of a point in the right direction?  :icon_biggrin:   

nocentelli

I'm having trouble visualising what you want: Two inputs and a switch to select guitar, two outputs with a switch to select amp? What does A/B'ing pedals mean? Two pedals loops that you can toggle between with a third switch?
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

carboncomp

Sorry, basically a true bypass A/B/Y pedal is essentially what I think I need to do the job.

So I can switch between two effects loops, or switch between two amps/Guitars.

Or is it a duel A/B pedal I need?
:icon_question:  

nocentelli

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/uploader/pfiles/4121/dual_loop_schem_revised.png

This is a double loop pedal with a master bypass switch: you can use it as an guitar selector by plugging the guitars into the two different return sockets, and connecting the output to the amp. To use it as an amp selector, you plug the guitar into the input, and connect the two sends to the two different amps. This layout has the benefit of grounding the unused loop when not in use so it won't hum: you can easily do away with the master bypass - I'll have a go at re-drawing the layout tonight when I get home if you like, I'm on my phone at the moment.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

carboncomp

WOW! I think this is exactly the little versatile Swiss army knife box of joy Im after!

Just to double check the master bypass switch, would just bypass the two loops?

Thanks so much for this!   

carboncomp