Big Muff Pi Tri & Rams Head Build With Pictures

Started by echrs915, May 28, 2012, 11:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

echrs915

Hey guys i plan on building a triangle muff from gilmours meddle/darkside dayz and a rams head for his wall/animals sound.i know he used fuzz face b4 animals.im not trying to make replicas but atleast get the same sounds.i will be buying parts this week and uploading everything i bought to put it together,pictures and sound clips if i can get a decent tone from my pc.i have graphics as well i will be putting on waterslide decals and putting them on the pedals both era specific designs.i will be asking opinions and input on how i should go about this.i bought two ggg bmp rts pcbs and will be buying my parts and enclosures from tayda electronics... now first question!!! im going to be buying 1/4 carbon film resistors.i know every one says metal film are better but will i really be able to tell the difference. many thanks in advance... pics and next update coming soon!!!

Mike Burgundy

Yes, you will.
At the voltages/currents we use in pedals (such as a Muff), there's no difference in sound, but there is in *noise*. Metal is a lot quieter and better quality to boot. Always go for metal film, unless you have a very, very well-informed, double checked, NON-Mojo reason to use carbon comp (or it's all you have laying around ;P )