f*^$%$%!!!! bassballs...

Started by pinkjimiphoton, June 06, 2012, 03:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Hey jimi,

May the mojo force be with you on the 117! If you think the baseballs was fun.... Wait until you try that  ;D

If you need help with it, there are a few people on here that have battled through it already that are more than willing to help ya'

Dave is a righteous dude and I will be more than willing to help you with it as well  8)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pinkjimiphoton

thanks greg, i know it'll be fun..probably a lot of tuning required?

i think i've got most of the parts already, gonna start soon.

decided to call my ball bustin be-otch the corpulent cojones.

i went thru trying to tune it in a little bit better, ended up being the 1458 i thought was dead being the only good one of the four! the other three wouldn't quack.

the nte chip worked, and quacked, but sounded horrible and very muddy...and the distortion was more like a pwm with a cold solder joint on a cap somewhere...

right now it sounds great, but i'm gonna try and un-jumper them wipers and see if it improves the sweep. very nice auto wah happening. and the fuzz if bloody horrible in a most perfect way.

woot. one more down. the 117 will be a good warmup toward the ludwig.  :icon_mrgreen:

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

deadastronaut

where's the @#$%ing 'stupid pedal tricks video' then? ...come on jimi , your slacking!...

we need our video fix.. ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

pinkjimiphoton

lol...all things in time, rob!!!

still working out a bug or two, maybe tonite while my girl's at work!  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Govmnt_Lacky

@jimi

I'll keep this short as not to derail the thread....

When you do start the 117 build, be sure you have an oscope or frequency counter handy. You WILL need it!  ;)

Are you building the SAD or MN3007 version?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

pinkjimiphoton

greg, i DO have an o-scope. but have never used it...it's an old single trace tube driven thing of beauty.

it's the sad1024 version... a forumite gave me one as an act of kindness...still in the original bubble pack!

gonna need a frequency counter, too? what the heck is that? ;)

newb alert...am i biting off too much to chew again???? lol

and dude...not to hijack this thread further...a friend gave me an old pearl flanger

i think i am in love...it even does the old echoplex spaceship taking off effects. <3
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

artifus

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on June 16, 2012, 12:00:23 PMold pearl flanger

fg-01? i have one! mental old thing capable of some very odd noises!

pinkjimiphoton

that's the one, art...

my fav flanger ever just in terms of pure weirdness!!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Govmnt_Lacky

Some DMMs have a frequency counter. Your oscope should be fine. You need it to set the clock going to the SAD chip. The rest can probably be done by ear.

pinkjimiphoton

what fine mess have we gotten ourselves into THIS time, ollie?????
;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr