True Bypass Looper - Light issue.

Started by StevenJM, June 07, 2012, 12:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenJM

I built a bypass looper to the BYOC specs, and everything works fine, but I want to switch the light on the bypass switch.

At the moment, I'm using Loop A to a Big Muff and Loop B to a guitar synth pedal.  and Bypass for my clean tone.

The way it is right now, the Bypass light is on while its sending my signal to the "A/B" switch... how can i wire it so the bypass light is only on when i'm bypassing the A/B switch?  Then I'll know that my "clean signal" is on when the bypass light is on.

basically, this is how the bypass switch is wired up... I thought switching the "To input effect" and "output jack" wires would work, but it only did 1/2 of what i'm looking for.  It lights up WHEN its being bypassed like I want, but when its off, I get no signal from the A/B switch.  So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks guys.

-Steven.

nocentelli

Note that you can't ground the A/B circuit in bypass with this arrangement, but I'm sure there is a way.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

StevenJM

I THINK I have it figured out but wont know or sure til I get home and try wiring it.  I think I just need to move the LED (-) to the opposite end of the switch.

nocentelli

Yes, what you have suggested will work, but you will have to remove the jumper between the bottom-left and bottom-centre lugs (that is what would normally ground the loop circuit during bypass).
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

StevenJM

I can't share the lowest center lug?