Q1 (GGG)
C=2.43 (6.6)
B=0.58 (0.6)
E=0.0 (0.0)

Q2 (GGG)
C=0.84(2.0)
B=0.54 (0.6)
E=0.0 (0.0)

So the numbers are still off, but now lower instead of higher than GGG's recommended readings... but I just plugged it in, and I've got fuzz again.  So i'm pretty relieved... i can go to bed now haha...

Any other input on the numbers being off?  or is that normal for the type of transistor i have in there now?

you see how the voltages pinpointed the problem area...

different transistors have different gains, so you should expect some change in the voltages when you swap.  you can adjust Q2's collector voltage by altering R4 if you'd like to see if it makes a change to the tone....a 50-100K pot there will work well.
always think outside the box

StevenJM

I guess I should've known where the problem was when my audio probe stopped making sound... I just thought I was doing it wrong rather than the part not working.

I'm just glad I got it figured out.  I might play around with that R4 resistor... How would I go about hooking a pot up to that though?  That might be cool to play around with.

LucifersTrip

Quote from: StevenJM on June 13, 2012, 02:18:37 PM

I might play around with that R4 resistor... How would I go about hooking a pot up to that though?  That might be cool to play around with.

I just checked and I actually have a permanent external pot there on mine.  just hook the middle lug and either of the other two to the same points where the resistor is.

always think outside the box