Old Tremulus Vero

Started by Moustache_Bash, June 11, 2012, 03:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moustache_Bash

Hey guys I found this vero layout in an old thread, and the system told me if I want a reply I should make a new topic.  Sorry if I'm doing this wrong...

So here's the layout I'm following.  All I want to ask is, does anyone know how the electrolytics are supposed to be orientated?  All anodes on top, I'm assuming?

reverberation66

yup, anodes on top, is the layout verified?

midwayfair

Quote from: Moustache_Bash on June 11, 2012, 03:59:20 PM
Hey guys I found this vero layout in an old thread, and the system told me if I want a reply I should make a new topic.  Sorry if I'm doing this wrong...

So here's the layout I'm following.  All I want to ask is, does anyone know how the electrolytics are supposed to be orientated?  All anodes on top, I'm assuming?

If you can see the subtle gray shading, that's the - side.

If you aren't certain, always check the schematic. The + side also always goes toward the side facing the power source, and the - to the ground (in a negative ground pedal, that is).
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Moustache_Bash

Thanks, guys.

Quote from: reverberation66 on June 11, 2012, 04:12:28 PM
yup, anodes on top, is the layout verified?

I'll let you know tonight :icon_wink:

Moustache_Bash

Well, I built it.  And it doesn't work, but that may not be the layouts fault.  The only thing I'm not sure about is if lug 1 of speed and spacing aren't used.  I built to where they're not used.

I'll keep dinking around with it, though.

Moustache_Bash

Bah, I can't get the stinker to work.

I don't even get sound bypassed. But, when the effect is engaged I get a kind of thump that sounds like the trem is trying to do something.  I'm sure I probably messed up something.  I bet someone with a better understanding of electronics could figure out what's what with this circuit.