Some kind of wiki like idea.

Started by CodeMonk, June 18, 2012, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeMonk

This concerns a project that I think might be useful to many here.
Although I don't really have time to set up and fully maintain it, I could contribute.
Maybe it already exists.
Maybe its just a dumb idea.

I'm guessing many of you are like me in at least one regard...
For EVERY transistor I have in stock, I have a data sheet for it. Or at least some basic info on them.

So, imagine I am working on a project.
[FADE FANTASY MODE]
I decide I want a transistor (Ge, Si, PNP, NPN, doesn't matter), with an Hfe of 100 - 120. And 100uA - 150uA leakage.
So I go through all of my data sheets to find possible candidates.
Nice, I found 5 that may work.
But it would be nice if I had more that would qualify.
[/FADE FANTASY MODE]

Now, wouldn't it be nice to be able to just type in some www stuff and have a list of transistors that may fill the bill?
Sorted by Hfe/Leakage/Type/Whatever.

The only way I think it could really be done is to have it as a wiki where any of us could ad in whatever whiz-bang transistor we found today.

I know some of us will come across some odd bits that can't be bought anymore, anywhere.
Or some that are so rare, they may only show up on ebay once in a blue moon, if ever.
Still, you may run across a few tearing into an old radio or something. Still be handy to have that info easily available.

And I do realize that there would be a shit ton of parts that would fit the fantasy criteria.

Thoughts?
Or should I just go away?

midwayfair

Spreadsheet on Google Docs. Just make columns for typical HFE, HFE range, and typical leakage. You can add other characteristics. Then you just sort a column.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Perrow

Feel free to set up a page on my wiki, or possibly on this sites wiki.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

defaced

Quote from: midwayfair on June 19, 2012, 09:21:38 AM
Spreadsheet on Google Docs. Just make columns for typical HFE, HFE range, and typical leakage. You can add other characteristics. Then you just sort a column.
Yep, a spreadsheet can do this just as midwayfair described. 
-Mike

boogietone

I have a spreadsheet format that I use for inventory that I can share. It supports most all component types. Not great but it works. Would need to add some data columns.
An oxymoron - clean transistor boost.