Geofex - symmetric power from one battery: how to get rid of oscilator noise?

Started by Strej, June 20, 2012, 08:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strej

Hi,

I want to build R.G. Keen's voltage doubler - symmetrizer, but couldn't find MAX1044. I have LTC1044CN8 instead, but it have an oscillator of 1kHZ (5kHz on boost mode), and I'm wondering how can I protect my effect from noise? Do you have any ideas?

Seljer

The keys to success in your situation is appropriate circuitboard layout and enough filtering

Strej

Ok, so I have to use high pass filter on both positive and negative terminal? And what about PCB layout rules? Would it be enough if I would add a ground zone on entire circuitboard?

Gurner

This sounds like a deadly combo of square wave oscillators ocillating in the audible range & very low signals being catered for (guitar signals)....I don't profess to be anywhere near the world's best PCB layout creator or filter expert & because deep down I'm too lazy to become an expert (& baulk at the extra compinents thorough filtering often involves), I take the path of least resistance ...so now, I won't entertain any charge pump or buck boost in any of the circuits I make *unless* the oscillator is  20khz or above ....it doesn't sort the problem of the oscillator permeating into the signal...but at least you can't hear it!