Built a Radio Shack Fuzz, wondering about an LED

Started by ghostsauce, June 20, 2012, 09:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostsauce

Noob question probably, but I built this fuzz: http://ghostsauce.net/random/Radio%20Shack%20Fuzz%20(Fuzz%20face%20derivative).jpg

... and put it in an enclosure I had drilled to have an LED. So now I have a big hole that is bugging me, lol. I don't understand the switching system here vs the 'normal' true bypass switching we all use, so is there a way to hook up the led to the empty holes on the 3pdt the way it is laid out here?

I was going to wire it up the other way but for some reason I thought it was not possible and can't for the life of me figure out why now.

ghostsauce

Sounds great, btw. It's full on fuzz all the time, and you can get some really nice tones with the volume knob on the guitar. I tried a bunch of different NPN transistors and I definitely like the 2n5088's the best in it. Tiny thing too, could've put it onboard my guitar if I wanted.

ghostsauce

Wait.. I think I figured it out. I think I can just connect the ground of the LED to the top center lug. Gonna have to try it.

ghostsauce

It's Allliive! Heh, +1 one DIY points for me. I'll leave this up in case somebody else has this problem in the future.