Where do you buy your enclosures?

Started by caspercody, July 03, 2012, 11:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caspercody

Where do you buy the enclosures you use to make your pedals? I see I can buy some from General Guitar Gadgets and Small Bear, but curious of different prices.

Thanks
Rob

Paul Marossy

caspercody

Paul Marossy

I also look for deals on ebay. I remember one time nearly ten years ago, I got something like ten Hammond 1590Bs for something like $45. I don't remember the exact figures, but it was a great deal. Those kinds of things don't seem to come up very often though.

Colonel Angus

I got that deal just the other day. 45$ for 10 1590b's , korean ones not Hammond brand though. Still I felt like it was a good purchase. Also gotta love it when small bear has 1-offs and blemishes for 5$.
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

Electron Tornado

In addition to those already listed, some of the larger component sellers (Digikey, etc) usually have a few enclosures. If you want something out of the ordinary, there are companies out there that make enclosures for various applications. Just search with Google.

Here is a place I bought an enclosure from. I bought one of their cast aluminum enclosures, and it was well built.

http://www.pedalenclosures.com/
  • SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?

CodeMonk

I bought my last batch of enclosures from Digikey.
Lowest prices for 1590X enclosures I have found.

Fender3D

I usually buy enclosures from Mouser,
musikding.de has cheaper Hammond 1590BB now
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Govmnt_Lacky

4 site electronics has the best prices I have seen

1590B ($3.99)  :icon_eek:
125B ($4.43)  :o
1590BB ($4.75)  :icon_cool:

Min order of 10 though  :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Colonel Angus

Yeah, the ones I got through ebay were from 4 site. Well worth it even though they are not actual hammond brand.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Colonel Angus on July 03, 2012, 02:44:35 PM
Yeah, the ones I got through ebay were from 4 site. Well worth it even though they are not actual hammond brand.

Yeah, most of the ones PPP sells are not Hammond either (NSC I think makes them). They work just as well and are a lot cheaper.

Jdansti

My local Frys carries the Hammond enclosures. Not as cheap as some of the places on the web, but no shippIng charges or wait.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

davent

It's been a while since i've gotten a Made in Canada Hammond box, i've had Made in EU BB's, some with no indicators and the last batch of B's were made in Taiwan. Hammond is located about 30min from my door... so much for supporting local business. At least the last transformer i bought was still made here.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Colonel Angus

Maybe dig through their dumpster sometime?

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Jdansti on July 03, 2012, 03:23:10 PM
My local Frys carries the Hammond enclosures. Not as cheap as some of the places on the web, but no shippIng charges or wait.

I've seen them at mine too. But they usually don't have the size I'm looking for, if they even have it at all. I gave up on that idea, not worth the trip all the way across town.

petey twofinger

Our frys , you only see tiny , then giant enclosures .

however they re-stock there inventory at that place , there is much room for improvement , it seems they are oos on quite a bit of other related items as well . at least there is one place (besides RS) so i shouldnt complain though ., i have had them save the day with resistor cap doiode and then some NTE stuff , but , a few times it was oos .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself