Sparkle Drive Build need help?

Started by texmex09, August 05, 2012, 05:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texmex09

this is gonna be my first pedal build and im still learning everything but i have been trying to find all the part i need online but i ran into a problem. the schematic i have calls for a 156R resistor and i cant seem to find one anywhere, im a total noob here so what do i do if i run into this problem.

PCB layout:     http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/MarkMs-Gallery/album15/album76/SparkleDrive_LAYOUT.gif.html

texmex09

ha ok sweet so its not complete doctrine ok im picking up on it. thanks! i have a very generic parts list for this thing and some of these part sites like mouser and small bear make it a pain in the butt when the bill of materials isnt specific

chromesphere

156 ohms is pretty specific!  A personal rule of thumb when finding odd resistor values is to get within 5 - 10% of what they ask for. I dont think their are many cases in these analogue effects that would require such a specific value.

So in this case, i'd go with 150ohms:

http://www.futurlec.com/Res14WMF.shtml

(scroll down the list).

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

texmex09

Hey chromeshere! Thanks for the input. It's a small world I've been watching your videos for the past few weeks trying to learn as much as I can the SDrive is gonna be my first build. I have a guy who built one like what I'm wanting and he is gonna send me a pcb layout and parts list. After showing him some of the parts in the list I had he said that he didn't use half the things my layout asked for, so I'm sure ordering parts will be easier once he emails it to me. Keep the videos coming I will def use them as a guide when I start this project.

chromesphere

No problem Texmex glad you have found them useful!  Yeah i usually just stay within 5-10% and i'm fine.

Good luck with your boost!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube