Chrome enclosures - Bi Yang types

Started by StefSamy, August 07, 2012, 04:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StefSamy

Hi,

Do you know where I could get this type of enclosures:  :icon_question: :-\

stallik

To the very best of my knowledge, these kind of enclosures are custom made by or for the pedal manufacturer and are not available on the general market. If anyone knows different then I'd love to be proved wrong. Maybe there is a market opportunity for some entrepreneur?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

StefSamy

I think so, that's why I've used "could" instead of "can" :D

Skrogh

Buffed aluminium.
There is an article covering it here:
http://www.jurimusic.com/madbean-cupcake-orange-squeezer-clone/
Scroll down and you'll find it.

StefSamy

Nice result, but enclosures are not the same than bi yang ones (top opening, curved, etc ....).

But nice link, thanks :)

defaced

A pretty straightforward relationship with a sheet metal shop and a decorative chromer (as opposed to industrial chroming which is a different type of shop) would get you enclosures like that. 
-Mike

StefSamy

Thanks for the idea but I don't want to spend much money for that, I find them nice, I would buy ones if it was possible in a shop, but I'm not such in love to this point :D

It would cost much that buying a bi yang one and trash the board :D

GGBB

I've seen chrome paints out there that look like the real thing.  Never tried them though.  Anybody?
  • SUPPORTER

StefSamy

Tried one last year, from a diy shop, not very good.

I buyed one other 2 months ago in a graffiti shop but I still haven't tried it since....

But the best way is the sanding and polishing method described in the link a few posts before.

davent

Pigyboy could take a diecast aluminum enclosure to a chromelike shine, (haven't seen any new posts for awhile). This enclosure's from Pedalenclosures.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg817400#msg817400

Dig around in the various picture threads for more examples of his terrific etches, usually Hammond type enclosures.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

darron

wouldnb't be too hard to make if you have a friend who can fold the sheet. then use a big buffing wheel with a cutting compound.

while on spraying chrome, i bought some chrome powder off ebay which actually works pretty well. not a complete mirror, but comes up like a polished aluminium.

smallbear sells the 1590b ones that zvex uses, i know it's not the same. and also on a bit bigger than 1590b. both are excellent.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

joegagan

chris (pigyboy) has been a busy pigy

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

John Lyons

Hey those pedals look familiar.   :D

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/