Small Bear - The Bare Box #1

Started by smallbearelec, August 14, 2012, 12:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bean

#2 should definitely be the approximate shape of a muscle car.

I'll be picking up a few #1's, no doubt!

Ronan

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on August 14, 2012, 01:17:24 PM
Honestly, I'll wait for completely UN-drilled before ordering a bunch (if they will be available). I prefer to pick and choose my own hole locations.
Anybody else feel the same?
Discuss...

Yeah, myself, I prefer the 2nd hole from the back of the neck :)

But yes, I would also like to buy a couple of virgin undrilled boxes, because until one sees them in the flesh, its difficult to gauge exactly what you can fit in there. For example, with Switchcraft jacks mounted lower in the box, and a small pcb mounted only by the front 2 screws, or no need for a battery, the options for where the holes are drilled for the in/out jacks and stomp switch would be greater.

As a standard drilled box, the hole locations sure make sense, very practical, giving max pcb area. With surface mount becoming more in our face, components on the pcb for the pots wouldn't be out of the question (e.g. FMV type tonestacks). Or, people might be asking, do you have a pcb layout that fits "the box"? The possibilities could be endless. And if the wires from the in/out jacks and stomp switch were run to the front (pot side) of the main pcb, the main pcb could be tilted vertical to give access to both sides of the board for mods/tweaks, without disconnecting any wires. All good...

davent

I get email notifications for posts to numerous threads on diystompboxes, the ones for this thread and only this one ever, all get directed to the Junk/Spam folder... a thread title loaded with innuendo.

And a great looking box, look forward to seeing builder's completed projects as well as further box offerings!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Gordo

Holy crap, I love this thing.  Put me down for as many as I can get.  As my board gets more populated I find that my big feets are bumping knobs.  This solves my problem (and looks to friggin cool to boot...)

Yayyyyy!!!
Bust the busters
Screw the feeders
Make the healers feel the way I feel...

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

garcho

Bravo! Way to sarge up some new enclosures Steve, thanks!

Maybe you can commission Frank Gehry to do Bare Box #2? Just a suggestion.

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"