Tap Tempo - Nova Delay + Line 6 M9

Started by drew_fx, August 16, 2012, 08:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drew_fx

Hey guys,

I've got a JHV3 modded M9 and a TC Nova Delay. But I want to do some further modifications, so that I can tap the tempo on the M9, and update the delay time on the Nova Delay at the same time. So here is what I've come up with...

Replace the tap tempo switch in the Nova Delay with a jack wired directly to the PCB points. I've got this working and have confirmed that an external NO momentary SPST will tap the tempo. That's working fine.

Next job would be to replace the tap tempo switch that JHV3 put into the M9, with a DPDT switch. Take one pole and the NO throw lug to the PCB. Then take the other side of the DPDT switch to a jack, and connect that jack with a patchlead to the jack on the Nova Delay. I think this should work fine - anything I'm missing?

But also.... I spoke to Jack Vaughan/JHV3 and he said:

Quote...If you want to automatically send tempo to another pedal, I suggest adding a Ping/Pulse mod to your M9 and using the controller that comes with it to manage the outgoing tempo.

Which certainly piqued my interest. Does anyone know what he is referring to, and could possibly expand on this?

I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to electronics, but I'm trying to learn. That's why I don't want to just buy a product to solve this for me - kinda want to learn it for myself.

drew_fx

Heya,

I got it semi-working so far. I've got two diodes in the mix; between the SPST and my Nova's new 1/4" jack input for the tap tempo control. It works pretty well, however there is significant drift after a few cycles - and the Nova gets a slightly slower BPM value than the M9, which I guess accounts for it. Am I doing something wrong?