Tillman Preamp D'best acoustic SIM in the whole world

Started by askwho69, August 25, 2012, 02:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

askwho69

i been using mark hammers' acoustic sim.. but when i install tillman preamp on my guitar on a korean single coil pickup measures 4.5k , , i discovered the best acoustic sim in the world...i mean real acoustic sound coming out of it.... me and my band playing ballads like two steps behind, faithfully and others realized that my tone on the single coiled 4.5k [pickup tihe till man was the best sounding acoustic sim on a singlle neck pickup] really the best beast . . .  try it man it really helps :D :icon_twisted:
"To live is to die"

CynicalMan

Yep, the Single Coil/Onboard Booster combo is pretty acoustic-y. The reason is that the onboard booster removes the effect of cable capacitance on the pickup. Because of cable capacitance, the pickup's frequency response usually has a resonant peak at around 3kHz. But having a booster isolates the pickup from the cable capacitance, shifting the resonant peak up closer to 10kHz, which gives that high-end sparkle that acoustics have.

askwho69

Quote from: CynicalMan on August 25, 2012, 03:02:29 PM
Yep, the Single Coil/Onboard Booster combo is pretty acoustic-y. The reason is that the onboard booster removes the effect of cable capacitance on the pickup. Because of cable capacitance, the pickup's frequency response usually has a resonant peak at around 3kHz. But having a booster isolates the pickup from the cable capacitance, shifting the resonant peak up closer to 10kHz, which gives that high-end sparkle that acoustics have.

wow thats the best answer CynicalMan :D thank you for the math really helps a lot . . . I'm using 500k pot too because I have humbucker and single coil only, so 500k gives more highs to a singlecoil with preamp? also my humbucker is passive ang the single coil was preamped because of the volume difference :D so my experiment was super cool :D
"To live is to die"

Seljer

Quote from: askwho69 on August 26, 2012, 01:28:58 AM
Quote from: CynicalMan on August 25, 2012, 03:02:29 PM

wow thats the best answer CynicalMan :D thank you for the math really helps a lot . . . I'm using 500k pot too because I have humbucker and single coil only, so 500k gives more highs to a singlecoil with preamp? also my humbucker is passive ang the single coil was preamped because of the volume difference :D so my experiment was super cool :D

Yes, that also plays a part. Just putting 500k pots in a strat already makes a bright sounding guitar even brighter.

askwho69

yeah bright on 500k + preamp = super bright in neck position is super cool sounding :D
"To live is to die"