Frequency doubler (bass octaver) what is clean and works well?

Started by Satchmoedie, September 01, 2012, 10:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satchmoedie

I found a FET that says it will do up to 10KHz with minimal distortion to a sine wave. I want an octave up on bass I can put a slight delay on for tic tac sound. For all you non classic C&W guys tic tac was a guy usually with an old Danelectro Baritone echoing the bass line kind of like Wilie Nelson sings. (off meter delayed) I am thinking a limiter on the delay to cut off any sustain on the note for that sharp octave "tac" (or is a tic?) up echo. Decay will be adjustable as will the delay time. I am just going BBD for delay, and have a split out or a mixed out. Any ideas why it wont work? The Fet has a pot to keep is adjusted to keep self oscillation from occurring. The circuit looks too simple. If it needs to be tank tuned I am screwed, but the 10KHz cut off is definitely audio, or VLF for submarine radios.

PRR

> a FET that says it will do up to 10KHz with minimal distortion to a sine wave.

Huh? FETs are not that frequency selective.

> Any ideas why it wont work? .... The circuit looks too simple.

What circuit? I can't see it from here.

> VLF for submarine radios.

They shut that down a decade ago. "In 2002, the U.S. Navy closed the base and returned the land to Acadia National Park for use as a research and education center." (I live across the bay from Scoodic.)
  • SUPPORTER