SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Stiff pots

Started by bassmannate, September 17, 2012, 07:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0K3RX

Quote from: bassmannate on September 26, 2012, 08:49:23 PM
Quote from: Eric.nail on September 26, 2012, 03:31:48 PM
are you sure you're not just noticing the stiffness when its cold? haha! I notice a huge difference when its cold with all my pedals and guitar.

Yeah. In fact, when I tried last, the unit was actually a bit warm.

You are still talking about pots right? I don't wanna know about warm stiff things :icon_eek:
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Eric.nail

Quote from: J0K3RX on September 26, 2012, 11:03:56 PM
are you sure you're not just noticing the stiffness when its cold? haha! I notice a huge difference when its cold with all my pedals and guitar.

You are still talking about pots right? I don't wanna know about warm stiff things :icon_eek:

Oh...I was talking about pots. As for cleaning, I'v never had to clean them. nor have i had stiff pots...I just figured replace them. a couple bucks plus shipping and handling seems like a much easier dig than fiddling with cleaner and what not. I mean, You've got to pull them from the pedal any way.
I came, i saw, i taught little kids guitar for extorted prices.

bassmannate

Well, I went to clean them and as I'm setting up, I try turning the pots and the sweeper isn't moving. Looks like the shafts are actually broken and the stiffness is being caused by the broken ends of the shaft to grind together. Guess I'm either going to call Line6 or order some from FullCompass.

bassmannate

Quote from: J0K3RX on September 26, 2012, 11:03:56 PM

It could have been worse. I almost titled this thread "Stiff knobs" but rethought it.