Tonepad Ross phaser LED pulse AND mix control mod?

Started by pryde, September 25, 2012, 06:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Just curious if there was anyway to mod an LED to pulse with speed/rate on the Tonepad Ross/Ropez phaser?  I did some searching but have not come up with anything.

Also, I am interesrted in a wet/dry mix pot if available. i.e. normal phaser when full on and dry signal when rolled back. Is there a mod to do this?

BTW: I finished the pcb and and added the LFO sweep mod per Mark Hammer's guidance, works great. Also upped the LFO feedback resistor to 27k which puts the effect right at unity for my rig. Would love the mix control and/or LED mod before boxing it.

Thanks for any help with this

pinkjimiphoton

i seem to remember just putting an led to one of the terminals of the pot, or something...
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pryde

Bump, I updated the request for info on a mix (wet/dry) control pot as well.

Pollinator95

For the blend, just use a blender like SeanM's Minimal Blender.
WARNING: I AM A NOOB

jmasciswannabe

The two 27k resistors off ic1b are the mixing resistors. You can replace either with a pot and use as a wet or dry control. Flashing LED can be done with positive of led going to one of the pins of the lm13700 if I recall correctly. Just grab a multimeter and see where the voltage is fluctuating. Tons of mods for this circuit. Search "ropez"
....the staircase had one too many steps

pryde

Quote from: jmasciswannabe on September 26, 2012, 02:45:40 PM
The two 27k resistors off ic1b are the mixing resistors. You can replace either with a pot and use as a wet or dry control. Flashing LED can be done with positive of led going to one of the pins of the lm13700 if I recall correctly. Just grab a multimeter and see where the voltage is fluctuating. Tons of mods for this circuit. Search "ropez"

Thank you. what size pot would I replace the 27k with? I am not sure if the wet/dry mix control is the same as the "Intensity" control mod I found. It suggests replacing the 27k with a 24k resistor in series with a 100k pot. Is this the same/correct mod I am looking for?