Overdrives that complement each other for a dual overdrive

Started by haveyouseenhim, October 04, 2012, 04:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

I was messing with you; however, I do happen to have a spare. PM me your address. Let me know if you need a socket too.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

strassercaster

Quote from: Paul Marossy on October 04, 2012, 12:42:51 PM
The Visual Sound Dr Jeckll Mr Hyde is basically a Tube Screamer and a Marshal Guvnor with a noise gate. Doesn't sound too bad.
actaully its a slightly modded marshall shredmaster and a tube screamer

J0K3RX

I can't believe nobody has mentioned a good old tube screamer in front of a MXR micro amp?  ???

The "Doug Aldrich Rocket Fuel" signature pedal is a good example of what it sounds like... since that is exactly what is inside the Rocket Fuel :icon_wink:

Funny thing.. I had been using a TS and Micro amp combination for years before I ever even hear of Majik Box..   :icon_lol: I guess I was just too stupid to capitalize on it  :P
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Quackzed

i think basically a ts into any number of diode to ground type clippers works well, not sure if the micro amp is a scooped tone type or no (i think its pretty flat or flat with a rolloff in the high end?) , maybee it works better with a non scooped hard clipper. but the ts does the 'creamy' trey anastasio type tone thing when driving a hard clipper... if you up the gain of the ts and drive the hard clipper with a decent level, you'll hear it start to 'swamp' the hard clipper giving you that creamy sustain type tone, its a pretty touch sensitive thing as well. lighter picking strumming leaves the highs intact, play harder and the highs get 'swamped' by mids and it smooths out and mellows the tone which is what i mean by creamy.. good compressed sustainy middy tone...  :icon_cool:
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!