The Bare Box #1 And Accessories Are In

Started by smallbearelec, October 17, 2012, 07:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustachio

Awesome! Just  ordered 2!

Was having problems at first placing the order just incase others have the same problem here's what happend and what I did.

When I went to checkout It asked me if I was a new customer and wanted to sign up or if I was an existing customer. At first I clicked existing and signed in again(I was already signed in) and when it went through to go thru paypal , paypal said it couldnt complete the request and sent me back to small bear which took me back in the loop. same thing happend a second time.

But the third time instead of resigning in I clicked the little pay with paypal icon under the new or existing customer area. Which let me sign into paypal and completed my purchase !

Excited! 
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Processaurus

Excellent!  Do you have a datasheet, that shows the dimensions and hole locations and interior standoffs?

oldschoolanalog

The 5 pot board and 15 pin connectors really are a great addition too. Thanks for making these available.  :icon_cool:
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

J0K3RX

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on October 18, 2012, 09:08:30 PM
The 5 pot board and 15 pin connectors really are a great addition too. Thanks for making these available.  :icon_cool:

Agreed!! I like the header pin idea, then no wires!!!  :o I am gonna have to get a bunch of these with some of the clear-shaft pots... :icon_mrgreen:
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

smallbearelec

Quote from: Processaurus on October 18, 2012, 08:57:32 PM
datasheet, that shows the dimensions and hole locations and interior standoffs?

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to make this available. The detailed product description:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1286

now has links to the pdfs.

Regarding connectors, please also note: I had the 15-pin made-to-order, and I know it will be fine for more complex builds. For where you need two- three-pin terminations for input, output, power, etc., I now have a section for Molex stuff that I have just begun to populate. The power supply connector shows the idea. In time, there will be lots of pre-terminated plugs that can be added to jacks and switches to create building blocks.

Regards
SD

oldschoolanalog

@Steve: Any chance the pot PCB's and Molex connectors will be available in single pot format (3 wire) in the future?
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

smallbearelec

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on October 19, 2012, 08:58:43 AM
Any chance the pot PCB's and Molex connectors will be available in single pot format (3 wire)...?

Yes! I did all of the terminations in this pic by hand, but the first lot of pre-terminated Molex plugs should be available in about a week. Two- and three-pin 22-series headers are already posted. Suggestions: If you are only using one pot, use a 16mm control and no PCB. For two x RD901-40 pots, the 5-pot PCB is fine...just bore out to 1/8" the hole at the vertex of the triangle and use a 3/8" standoff to give support.