You GOTTA see this!!!

Started by J0K3RX, October 30, 2012, 12:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0K3RX

While browsing around I found this and thought "WOW" gotta share!

Would this not be the coolest way to make a pedal! No PCB, no enclosure... just suspended animation! I know you would have to make sure all your pots, jacks and switches are sealed but soooo cool and just think of the fun you could have with LED's! One downside I can think of is that they would be impossible to repair and maybe not the best for shielding...? If you obscured certain parts like IC's and such they would be impossible to de-goop  :icon_lol:!

http://runawaybrainz.blogspot.com/2012/04/audio-crystal-cmoy-freeform-headphone.html
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

haveyouseenhim

I saw it a few weeks ago and it was discussed in the shootout thread. Not tryin to burst your by saying that ;)   I'm going to do Rob's lightwah like that at some point.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

J0K3RX

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on October 30, 2012, 12:39:47 AM
I saw it a few weeks ago and it was discussed in the shootout thread. Not tryin to burst your by saying that ;)   I'm going to do Rob's lightwah like that at some point.

:icon_redface: My bad...

Pyr0

Wow, that looks amazing. I could just imagine a classic germanium fuzz face with all the old style caps and resistors encapsulated like that.

deadastronaut

i used that clear resin gear to make a synth key that my cat decided to break..

i moulded an identical key then poured it in....i used plasticine for the mould...peeled off nicely..

hard as nails...still going strong!.. :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

aron

Wow. I'd love to make one of my Shaka Pedals like that!!!!! SO COOL!

Jazznoise

Imagine putting something like a Ludwig Phase II in this!  :icon_eek:
Expressway To Yr Null

Gurner

Quote from: Jazznoise on October 30, 2012, 03:57:06 PM
Imagine putting something like a Ludwig Phase II in this!  :icon_eek:

....and then after casting in resin, establishing you've an intermittent dry solder joint!

Mark Hammer

Very attractive.  Just a word or two of caution for those considering it: do any mods first:icon_wink:

tca

There is a reason why you should build your pedals inside a metal box: electromagnetic radiation.
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

J0K3RX

You could stick a mosquito or a fly in there with it... Or maybe a scorpion or spider something.. Sooo cool!

J0K3RX

Quote from: tca on October 30, 2012, 05:56:06 PM
There is a reason why you should build your pedals inside a metal box: electromagnetic radiation.

c'mon... you're not thinking outside the box! :icon_mrgreen:

tca

Quote from: J0K3RX on October 31, 2012, 05:28:37 AM
Quote from: tca on October 30, 2012, 05:56:06 PM

c'mon... you're not thinking outside the box! :icon_mrgreen:
Actually, I'm thinking inside the box :P
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

MoltenVoltage

thats awesome!

i'm imagining the caps wouldn't dry out either

MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

petey twofinger

man thats cool , but a lil form over function for my tastes . i have a spongebob candy tin that i am dying to use for something ...
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

Paul Marossy

On the one hand, that is very cool. On the other hand, if something craps out, you are screwed when it comes to fixing it.  :icon_confused: