These Phaser's work?

Started by Crontox102098, November 06, 2012, 06:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crontox102098

I have for quite some time researching the phasers to see if I can find one that does not need the FET's despicable that do not sell in my country. :icon_cry:

I found these two schemes on page 'experimentalistsanonymous.com' which incidentally is buenisima to find cool effects, back to the topic I found these schematics such Phasers:

In this case I think this is a phaser of 2 Stages but you can add up to 12 (I think) and would like to know if this replacing the 22K potentiometer for LDR and placing a LFO will the Phaser effect, but ... I mainly want to know if it is the same as feeding it with 9V will work?

For the other it is a different case, is more explanatory and tells us that we can place a LDR and 12 Stages (which I love to do) my question is this, if you put another stage and mix at the end (as seen in the first diagram) will work?

I would greatly appreciate if you help me with this question, I'm in college and I want to impress my teacher with this effect, in addition to share with others and make one for my course :3  :icon_mrgreen:
I'm Carlos.

I speak spanish, just in case you do not understand what I say.

Mark Hammer

What country ?  We have over 25000 members around the world.

Crontox102098

Quote from: Mark Hammer on November 06, 2012, 06:32:24 PM
What country ?  We have over 25000 members around the world.

In my inforcacion appears, is Colombia.
I'm Carlos.

Mark Hammer

There may be some other members in Colombia, or somewhere else that is near, who can provide you with FETs.  I know that Small Bear Electronics provides parts to members all around the world.

You can also make a phaser using transconductance amplifiers (the LM13600 and LM13700 chip), or photocells.  Can you buy those where you live?

Crontox102098

Quote from: Mark Hammer on November 06, 2012, 06:55:35 PM
There may be some other members in Colombia, or somewhere else that is near, who can provide you with FETs.  I know that Small Bear Electronics provides parts to members all around the world.

You can also make a phaser using transconductance amplifiers (the LM13600 and LM13700 chip), or photocells.  Can you buy those where you live?

I live in Santa Marta, Magdalena, Colombia.

I knew what the transconductance amplifiers, but can not find them here either, so would like to know where to place the photocell to see if any of the two phasers works ... but mainly want to know .. these two phasers to place beyond work?
I'm Carlos.

Crontox102098

Please,  :-\ I need help with this... :icon_neutral:
I'm Carlos.

Jdansti

The diystompboxes store has 10 JFETS for $3.50US. You would have to see if he ships to Colombia. If he does, he could probably ship them to you for $3-$5US.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Nasse

??? that upper circuit does not need ldrs

That 22k potentiometer in the upper circuit is just depth control, and voltage divider, lfo is connected to that 0-12 volts line

It might work good enough at 9 volts, those 100k resistors control the current for diodes used as voltage controlled resistors, you may try other value than 100k.

100n caps take audio to ground from that upper diode to cancel some distortion

original article said benefits were good matching of stages, no need to select diodes, some of drawbacks is low headroom and distortion
  • SUPPORTER

Crontox102098

Quote from: Jdansti on November 06, 2012, 10:04:44 PM
The diystompboxes store has 10 JFETS for $3.50US. You would have to see if he ships to Colombia. If he does, he could probably ship them to you for $3-$5US.

In my country i'm a adolescent, i have 17 years old, i cant have a credit card and my parents have but do not trust online shopping. (I write without the traductor... I LEARNING :D )

Quote from: Nasse on November 06, 2012, 10:19:52 PM
??? that upper circuit does not need ldrs

That 22k potentiometer in the upper circuit is just depth control, and voltage divider, lfo is connected to that 0-12 volts line

It might work good enough at 9 volts, those 100k resistors control the current for diodes used as voltage controlled resistors, you may try other value than 100k.

100n caps take audio to ground from that upper diode to cancel some distortion

original article said benefits were good matching of stages, no need to select diodes, some of drawbacks is low headroom and distortion

I did not understand very well but I just have one question ... like them to change the speed of the phaser?

And you have the article original?, please pass me?
I'm Carlos.

Jdansti

>In my country i'm a adolescent, i have 17 years old, i cant have a credit card and my parents have but do not trust online shopping.

Send me your home address in a personal message and I'll mail you some JFETs.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

StephenGiles

I'm sure that Chavez and Kirshner have a stash of FETs!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".