These are added as we think of them. The links aren't in any order. If a valuable site is missing, please feel free to add it. DIYstompboxes.com reserves the right to omit sites based on content.
From Dave_B 31 August 2006 - We started getting enough links that I felt compelled to remove the Forum Member Suppliers section. Instead, regular forum contributers are bolded in the individual sections. This is just an idea. It's certainly not carved in stone. If you don't want to mess with an account, please feel free to PM me with any additions/corrections.
Smaller shops generally dedicated to stompbox parts. Regular DIYS contributers are in bold.
- Aron's DIYstompboxes.com store A large selection of parts including pre-tested 3PDT switches. Purchases support the forum and the Wiki.
- General Guitar Gadgets There's so much here. A very cool site to purchase pedals and view schematics. Fantastic!
- Tonepad Projects, Layouts, a very cool site!
- Small Bear Electronics Purchase parts for your pedals here. Steve is a great guy to do business with!
- ArialFX Home of the highly regarded handmade Halo Inductor replica.
- Pedal Parts Plus Friendly, fast service. Occasional brand substitution (Neutrik vs. Switchcraft for example), so be specific if you're particular about that sort of thing.
- Futurlec Super-cheap prices on Alpha pots. Patience is often necessary when ordering, as turnaround can be slow with occasional reports of incorrect parts being sent. Issues are reportedly resolved in a quick and cordial manner by Futurlec. Lots of "offices" around the world, but it's generally assumed to be a small operation located in Thailand.
- Banzai Musical Products Germany based supplier of DIY parts.
- Classic Fuzz Source for Tropical Fish and Mullard mustard-yellow capacitors.
- pedalenclosures.com Cool, custom pedal enclosures!
- Mouser Electronics General source for bench stocking. The carry lots of PIC micro parts but not AVR's. No minimum order.
- Digikey Electronics General source for bench stocking. The default source for Atmel AVR micro supplies. $25 minimum to avoid $5 shipping charge.
- Allied Electronics Source for Vactrol Optoisolators. No minimum order. Fast shipping. Weighty, expensive looking catalog.
- Farnell InOne Not mentioned as often as some of the others. Farnell stocks Analog Devices chips.
- Newark InOne Newark InOne is the American equivalent of Farnell InOne. As with Farnell, they carry a full line of components including Analog Devices.
- Parts Express Speakers are their main business, but they also stock DIY tools and some electronic parts, including Hammond transformers and enclosures. Shipping tends to be at least $7.00US, so their not the best choice if you only need a single low-dollar item. Parts Express inventory can be ordered through Amazon, allowing customers to use Amazon gift certificates for Parts Express purchases.
- Jameco One of the oldest mailorder houses. Often mentioned on DIYS as a source for breadboards.
- Kustom Powder Powder coating and drilling services. (Unfortunately, the site is now dead and Joe hasn't posted on DIYS since April.)
- CNC Panels UK-based custom rack panel engraving.
- AMZFX Great place with fantastic projects!
- GEOFEX The guitar effects oriented web page. One of the best and greatest DIY pages out there!
- Runoffgroove.com Sounds, projects, info, this site offers a ton of stuff!
- Mark Hammer's place on AMPAGE Tons of stuff from this great DIY guy!
- Topopiccione Electronics Inc. VERY COOL website with lots of info! Check it out!!!!!
- The Tone God's Domain Fantastic site with TONS of info! There is so much info on here that it is a MUST READ site!
- Doug's DIY Pedals and Amps Doug has made some classic DIY projects that lots of people have made. Check out the source!
- Tim Escobedo's Circuit Snippets Amazingly simple projects that pack a punch!
- DIY Analog Guitar and Bass Music Effects JC Maillet's site. An incredible site with tons of cool circuits and a Traynor amp info site as well!
- "DIY Fever" Fantastic site with TONS of info and home to the great DIY Layout Creator! A must read!
- DIY Guitarist Paul Marossy's site. Paul photographed all his builds (more than 50 at this point) and gives a summary of each one.
- Analog Alchemy Home of all things Joe Davisson. I am proud to host this site. Amazing, great sounding pedals!
- Fatboy Effects Very nice stuff on this page. Also the home of the HMP - check it out!
- Beavis audio research Nice site with good articles. Check it out!
- gaussmarkov: diy fx Eagle layout software libraries, layouts of popular projects, and some how-to.
- Stompbox Stuff - E.G. Hensel Eric's Page! Check it out.... he has pictures too!
- AMPAGE Fantastic site for all types of electronics!
- Plate to Plate Cool info, some stuff you won't find anywhere else!
- Fuzz Central Website with lots of projects, project pictures, and schematics devoted to one our favorite effects...Fuzz!
- Synthesizer Circuits Full of interesting circuits.
- Jim Radmer's DIY site Jim has built a number of our DIY pedals and has samples and pictures.
- Jeff's Guitar Effects Small site, but check out the links.
- Peter's Guitar Effects Projects Page Nice site with good links and info
- Stellan's Site I love Stellan's site! I build quite a few pedals off of his site!
- Tonefrenzy.com Nice, nice site! If you're looking for a sound clip, this is a good place to start!
- Blueguitar.org Of the best guitar sites on the web!
- Pedro Freitas Stompbox Page From the site: "Hi there, in this page you will find information about electronic music effects for electric guitar (stompboxes :o) I tried to mind the newbies, using as much pictorial description as possible." Looks good!
- John Hollis - Assorted Circuit Designs A gifted designer. Amazing abilities. Check out his site.
- Effectronics One of the first places I checked out. His beginner project was my first DIY pedal.
- Music Electronics µArchive Jamie's site. The first site?? of schematics. Very cool!
- GM Arts I love this site! His distortion is very good. GREAT articles!!!!
- Treble Booster Schematics Links to different treble boosters.
- Robin Tomtlund -The Electronic Pages Another amazing site!
- Marjan Systems Homepage Various circuits - all kinds of stuff
- Old Harmony Central message archive Take a peek into the past....
- Fix your wah Photo-style essay on how to maintain your wah. Very nice.
- Gillcar's Site Very nice website, good pictures and samples.
- Kazuhiro Sunamura DIY site Excellent site with TONS of DIY information including some work on the LM386.]
- Jethro.Dog website Very nice! PCB, Layouts, a very cool Wah!
- PCB : Link PCBs and more
- Laurier's Handy Dandy Little Circuits Interesting page here. Lots of snippets that you can use.
- Riccardo Ferranti's site A/B switchers, effects loop pedal etc.. etc... Nice site!
- Andreas Möller's Stinkfoot Sight Stompbox Mods and DIY. Click here to go straight to the diy stuff.
- Basicaudio DIY amps, wooden pedals, and information.
- Singlecoil.com - nice site with very useful info!
- The Practice room The practice room. Interesting blogs!
- tungngruv.com Skyripper and much more!
- Six String Soul
- Fred Nachbaur's site Many great projects here.
- Frank Clarke's New Website. Check it out!
- AMPAGE Sound samples Sounds of pedals. Some of my stuff is online here as well.
- Old Sounds Mirror Wow, still around.... Old site of sound samples.
- Basicaudio Lots of sound clips and recording info.
- DIY Tube Amp guitar page Nice schematics and links here.
- AX84 A fantastic resource for building your own amp. The AX84 site is incredible and for first time builders too.
- Schematic Heaven Lots of amp schematics here.
- Steve's Tube Pages FANTASTIC reference re: tubes.
- SSGuitar.com A place for solid state guitar amps. Check it out!
- Mostly headphone amps/circuits, but lots of ideas here
- www.thetonefiles.com www.thetonefiles.com - Fantastic Effects database site!
- jedistar.com Comprehensive Amp database and links
- Fender Field Guide Lotsa old Fender amp schematics.
- Fender Bassman Mod Page Information about the many circuits used in this popular amp.
- 18Watt.com Focused on the 18-watt Marshall circuitry.
- Transistor Database Lots of listings.
- Semiconductor Data Sheets Very nice!
- How to read capacitor codes Capacitor code page
- Resistor Calculator Colors to value.
- Basic Guitar Setup Tips Site with info on setting up your guitar.
- Shure Technical Publications Tons of articles on mic technique etc...
- Basic Electrical Engineering Lessons Looks good.
- All Datasheets Tons of datasheets
- The Free Information Society Tons of info.
- From Schematic to Veroboard (Stripboard) GREAT!
- From the forum - USEFUL LINKS
- [Here's a TI article (PDF) Called Op amps for everyone by Ron Mancini Good Read!