What pedal / electronics related present did you get for Xmas? :)

Started by chromesphere, December 24, 2012, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Heres what i got.  My current one died recently so i had to find a replacement.

What pedal / electronics related, or anything at all really, xmas present did you get?

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

JRB

nothing at all cause we don't give each other gifts on Christmas in the Netherlands :P.

earthtonesaudio

I was about to say its not Xmas yet, but then I remembered the us is no the center of the universei.   ;D

pappasmurfsharem

"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

davent

I'm going to start wrapping presents now, maybe in another 10-11 hours will start unwrapping and see what Santa brought.

Happy Christmas!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

reverberation66

my girlfriend gave me germanium transistors and a 60's hollowbody electric bass.  how did she know? i feel like the luckiest guy in the world!

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: reverberation66 on December 24, 2012, 11:51:50 PM
my girlfriend gave me germanium transistors and a 60's hollowbody electric bass.  how did she know? i feel like the luckiest guy in the world!

I want one of those.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

chromesphere

Germanium transistors and and a desktop drill press. I knew i posted this thread in the right forum :)
Merry christmas everyone wishing you all the best
Paul

Jdansti

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on December 25, 2012, 12:10:13 AM

I want one of those.

Transistors or the bass?
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

chromesphere

Quote from: Jdansti on December 25, 2012, 01:42:21 AM
Quote from: haveyouseenhim on December 25, 2012, 12:10:13 AM

I want one of those.

Transistors or the bass?

Or the girlfriend?

Jdansti

I kinda did the stompbox gift thing for my birthday a few months ago and got a lighted magnifier arm thingy, a PCB vise, PCB drill bits, and a Dremel press.

For Christmas, I asked my wife-unit for a small color laser printer, a web cam, and a new chair for my bench. We'll open Christmas gifts in about 8 hrs, so maybe there'll be a stompbox related surprise.

I know she got me a Ruger LC9 to replace my carry revolver. This would only be stompbox related if I have a pedal that won't cooperate.  ;)
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

Quote from: chromesphere on December 24, 2012, 05:58:48 PM
Heres what i got.  My current one died recently so i had to find a replacement.

What pedal / electronics related, or anything at all really, xmas present did you get?

Paul

Nice meter, Paul!  Looking forward to the meter tutorial video.  Merry Christmas!  :)
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

petey twofinger

nice ! so jealous ...

*waits for PROPER how to video*

i did notice you don't have any accent at all ! where r u from , Indiana ?

i havnt opened mine yet , its only like 5 am so ...

but i did get my lil one a squier cyclone , new humbucker , hotrail single coil sized pick up , new saddles , switch , switch tip , push pull pot , string tree , shielding tape , tone cap , leather fender strap , strap locks , snark ( not a clippy ) tuner , gold giby style top hat knobs , and matching mo pearl picks ... a bit of a step up from her mod'd mini strat , hopefully this one will sound a bit better , reduce the " i am playing a tiny guitar " effect , and i am sure it will keep tune a bit better as well .

we shall see . she is gonna freak ! plus i am pretty jealous , i mean , 14 years old and a NEW "fender" (squier but man its nice)  , i am 45 and i only got one new guitar , a crap ibanez , kids these days ...

liked the video , good to hear you chuckle there mate .

on a side note , i just copped a magnifyer light thingy on an arm for 3 bucks at goodwill , but dang , no where "great" to mount it . i got too much crap in fuzzlab ( the desk ) . so luckey i have 4 fantastic resales close by with a nice selection of stuff . really blessed in that way , we live in between a few rich areras so they always seem to have great stock compared to most resales , big time ... :)

im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

Ronan

Very nice Chrissy presents, including the good bench chair, a drill press, hollow-body 60's electric bass, wow!, Fender Squier, hotrail pickups, a nice DMM, Ge trannies and a girl who knows what you want! Hope I didn't miss anything out there, really hot stuff!

Now we tone it down a bit, not quite as exciting - I did a couple of layouts (prototypes) for myself for the Christmas break, and they arrived in the post the day before Christmas! The larger one is a mini Tau phaser designed to fit inside a wah pedal, the smaller one is an LM13700 8-stage phaser module that needs an offboard LFO and some other supporting circuitry. Hope they work...who knows...if not, back to the drawing board!

Hope you all have a good break, a merry Christmas and a good New Year.

greaser_au

Quote from: petey twofinger on December 25, 2012, 06:28:48 AM
on a side note , i just copped a magnifyer light thingy on an arm for 3 bucks at goodwill , but dang , no where "great" to mount it . i got too much crap in fuzzlab ( the desk ) . so luckey i have 4 fantastic resales close by with a nice selection of stuff . really blessed in that way , we live in between a few rich areras so they always seem to have great stock compared to most resales , big time ... :)

It seems our local secondhand shops see how much a used item is worth new (RRP)  and tack on another 25 points or so. I once saw a -100 Behringer pedal in good condition for $75, one that could be bought for about $50 new at the music shop about 8 doors up.  This is in a  less affluent area. I find the pawnshops in the 'richer' areas sell for much lower prices. :)

My electronics-related present:  a laminator to use for dry film etch resist!

david

R O Tiree

...you fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way...

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

alparent

I got nothing.
But that's cool cause I have a wonderful wife and I get stuff all year round.
Got a couple of per bases planned for the next couple of days.
Powder coating gun, carbide drill bits, and what ever else I find on my 3 days US shopping spree.
I'm in Canada, close to the boarder and going shopping in the US is always a fun time.
2 nights a the hotel, just me and my wife (no kids) ... Now THAT's a gift in itself!